New Dead Rising Screens, and it's looking good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the final dev kits are really making a difference:

http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/41331320050915_065258_1_big.jpg
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/41331320050915_065300_4_big.jpg

01deadrising6zu.jpg

04deadrising5ma.jpg

Hey, what happened to his "Max Payne on roids" facial expression? But I guess I prefer it this way. The main character took an amount of improvements. I hope they'd have a lot more zombie models on the final build.

- Z

I don't know what this game's about, but i dont find it appealing. Not because of the insane gore/violence. More of the feeling it will be a boring slash your way through some "cheap" zombie story.Ii'd probably get zombie sickness after 30m-1h playing it.

Visually imo if i was the game director i'd cut the zombies ammount and increased the overall caracters polygon count, specially on the legs/hands/feets.. Textures &shadows and some other effects look good.

doob said:
I don't know what this game's about, but i dont find it appealing. Not because of the insane gore/violence. More of the feeling it will be a boring slash your way through some "cheap" zombie story.Ii'd probably get zombie sickness after 30m-1h playing it.

Visually imo if i was the game director i'd cut the zombies ammount and increased the overall caracters polygon count, specially on the legs/hands/feets.. Textures &shadows and some other effects look good.

The game is being develop by CPS1. And I'm not sure, but I think Inafune may also be behind the scene. So hopefully, it would have an appealing story and have a decent gameplay as well.

- Z

I'v been checking the gamespot footage and it gaved a good notion of the gameplay. Slash, shoot, beat, smash, blowup(?) over and over and over again. While it gives plenty of ways to kill the zombies... i still get the impression that it gets boring. Something like Carmageddon series. The first was cool, with car deformations & original back at that time (95/6?) The followings were simply dull. Same as Postal 1 to Postal 2.My impression is that this tittle is just facelift of Postal gamestyle.

Something i noticed. The guys face changed a bit, at least the eye colour. The link bellow shows another screenshot but the guys face is somewhat different and his eyes are green instead of blue like the screenshot above. Personally i preffer the blue eyes version. Even the hair, dispite it doesn't show up completly on the image above seems different also.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/206/928326_20050726_screen006.jpg

well to be honest, Devil may Cry is also just kill, shoot, jump just kill, shoot, jump just kill, shoot, jump

but .... that can be FUN also :) !

Was this the game where the guy took out some zombies with a lawn mower? I was sold at the very minute I saw it. Now all I need is some garden gnomes and I'm in heaven.

Yes it is fun, but this tittle gives me the impression its more limited. DMC had other styles mixed, a bit of platform&adventure/puzzle with a great variety of environments and overall design.

Just my early impression, i seriously hope im wrong! :)

doob said:
Yes it is fun, but this tittle gives me the impression its more limited. DMC had other styles mixed, a bit of platform&adventure/puzzle with a great variety of environments and overall design.

Just my early impression, i seriously hope im wrong! :)

IIRC you have photograph the zombies and find out why the dead are rising so I'd guess that there is more to the game than just novelty kills.

Uncle said:
IIRC you have photograph the zombies and find out why the dead are rising so I'd guess that there is more to the game than just novelty kills.

I believe it was also mentioned that this photograph mode wasn't mandatory or something for the people who just want to kill...kill....KILL! :D

I refuse to believe that is the same game. Someone call the developer and confirm that is not a CGI cut scene.

The screenshot PC-Engine posted sticks out like a soar thumb. I had all but written this game off (hate zombie games anyhow) but wow, that is a nice shot. The thumb is probably still low poly and lame, but overall that screenshoot has a lot of good things going on. A lot of variety and detail... less the zombies, who seem to all be twins or tripplets! :devilish:

Anyhow, that is a nice looking 1st gen title if it is a launch title. About par for the course for what I would expect for a middle of the road title. Definately showing improvement and promise.

Ps- Now watch, all future media will begin to stink again!

other than the low polys and low textures on the zombies (not to mention you see the same zombie several times).... it looks pretty dang good. :D

lol, just noticed his leg through that guy's arm.

hm... well, the textures only look bad upclose. Something tells me it won't be as obvious during gameplay. The TGS showing looked great.

I think those visuals are what you can expect of first gen Xbox360 games. The times of unrealistic expectations should be over about now.

The thing I noticed in that picture is the hands, they're static. Notice how they're not actually gripping the pole? I thought that was a this gen problem that would dissappear nextgen, but... ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back