New Computer Specs

Tempting since the arrow keys aren't squished like most newer ergos and the home/insert/delete/page/end keys are 3x2 instead of 2x3. Mouse look way to right-handed for me, though.

I have the non-natural set of that. I think it's driving me insane. I guess I'm too picky when it comes to keyboards but this feels just a bit too squishy for me - I'm too used to my old clickity one which drove my wife crazy when I would play CS up to the wee hours.

The mouse was nice at first but then I noticed that it was making my palm numb, mostly because I couldn't figure out where to rest my pinky.

I'm looking at that mouse moreso because I have very large hands. Wrist to fingertips is ~9". Palm is ~5"x4". Fully stretched pinky-to-thumb is ~10".

Hard to find a comfortable mouse. :)

I'm looking at that mouse moreso because I have very large hands. Wrist to fingertips is ~9". Palm is ~5"x4". Fully stretched pinky-to-thumb is ~10".

Hard to find a comfortable mouse. :)

44764-1905p074b-1b.jpg

I find clown cars funny, too.

Well, it was pretty clear from the above that he's a Microsoft Fanboi for keyboards/meese, so I decided not to get his knickers in a knot by trying to take him anywhere else. :smile:

It's not that. It's just that for the longest time, MS was the only one to offer split keyboards. That and their mice are very large in comparison to others like Logitech who had really tiny mice.

The Revolution MX looks good, but good lord $100?? Yikes

I've found recent Microsoft mice to be.... crap. The recent ones are often pretty damn small too. I love my Logitech G5, it fits my hand perfectly, it has enough height so my hand doesn't cramp (Razor mice are HELL on my hands), and the button placement is simply excellent. I'm a big fan.

Hmm. I'd get this instead I think: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043

Same keyboard, but not overpriced. That 7000 combo is around $130. The 4000 is $40 at Bestbuy. I think the Mouse is the 6000, and that's going for about $60. So it looks like the same components, much lower price.

I have the 4000 and it took some getting used to but I like it enough to have one at home and the office (for the docked laptop). A wireless version sounds cool, but not really necessary at this point...

My wife and I use 4000 keyboards as well. She originally got one and I fell in love with it, despite never having used natural shaped keyboards before. Didn't take long to get used to it and wouldn't use anything else anymore. The whole keyboard design is extremely comfortable.

Got the computer up and running. The Q6600 is oc'd and stable at 3.06Ghz/340Mhz FSB/816Mhz DDR2 (5-5-5-12 timings).

Idling, the four cores are at 32-33C. When under load, they're around 45-50C. Not too shabby.

The computer didn't particularly like going above 350Mhz FSB though. So I'll probably tweak it a little here and there and see if there's something I'm missing in trying to clock it. Quite surprising how easily it went from 2.4Ghz to 3Ghz. Quite surprising indeed.

B3 stepping btw.

Oh, and I got the Natural 4000. No need for wireless since I never move anyway. Great keyboard. :)

Attachments

• moz-screenshot-1.jpg
    moz-screenshot-1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
Oh noes RMA the processor you got a B3 stepping!

Just joking... a friend recently was researching a very similar build and he asked about G0 and B3 steppings because people had been making a big splash about it on forums, etc. It cracks me up how even people who just do light overclocking get so into such minor details.

NIce Nate, glad you're happy with it.

Give it a few days at stock speeds before you really try overclocking. Let it burn-in and have the thermal pastes set and such....you'll get better results that way. ;)

Back