New Car. Need input on colour.

Onkl Bjorni

Newcomer
As the title says, I'm buying a new car. The Volvo C30
And I'm having a hard time deciding what colour scheme to go for, so I'm hoping the fine folks here on the forum will give me some input.

These are the 4 colour schemes I'm considering!

Passion Red.
Red.jpg

Ice White/Java Pearl.
Ice_White-Java_Pearl.jpg

Black Stone.
Black.jpg

Electric Silver.
Silver.jpg

Electric Silver

I'm not a fan of bright red. Black.... is only great in places that don't get muddy IMO. Whatever floats your boat. ;)

As for white... I'd reserve that for the pope-mobile. :)

From personal experience, black and white cares are nearly impossible to keep looking clean, and red cars are police magnets.

We've recently been through this decision, and given the colours that are available in Canada it came down to Blue or Red - given that most of our cars in the UK were blue I decided to go for red this time, as we've never had one before.

I'd go for the silver with the red a close second.

I think you'll see alot more silver cars than red ones though, so if you want to be abit "unique" go with the red one.

Silver is simply grey. Grey is for mice. And white is for business cars. ;)

If you want to be noticed, go for red. If you want it to look distinguished, go for black. Dark blue is nice as well, depending.

It's really a shame there are only so very few colors available, though.

Stainless steel or an aluminium composite is almost as nice as titanium, IMO. Paint cannot match that.

True dat, but it's a rare option anymore.

I really do like gray/dark silver for my vehicles, it's been my last 3 or 4.

Another nice bit about getting them all gray/dark silver is they all sort of match in the driveway. ;) :LOL:

Never buy black and never buy white.

Not black because it never looks clean and never white because only old men in hats drive white.

And never buy brown because it looks like shit.

POther than that do as you please.
On that car red looks awfully nice to me. :cool:

Peace.

Thanks for all the great replys. Not sure what colour to get yet, but i'm going to the dealership tomorrow to sign the contract so I'll have to sleep on it till then, but I think I might go with the red one...

Have been driving a red test car for a couple of days now and it has turned quite a few heads!

Anyway, thanks again. And I'll post some pic's when I get the car... (around June/July)

Never buy black and never buy white.

Not black because it never looks clean and never white because only old men in hats drive white.

And never buy brown because it looks like shit.

POther than that do as you please.
On that car red looks awfully nice to me. :cool:

Peace.

well I personnally like both black and white. yeah my black car will never be cleaned, though it might be because it's a piece of junk and any attempt to wash the weird thing that's encrusted in it was a waste of water.

that white version seems to look especially nice.

If you intend to sell the car in a few years you should go with metallic silver (easiest to sell, higher prices).

Back