New Black screens

black-20051130001632350.jpg

black-20051130001631788.jpg

black-20051130001630366.jpg

second to last picture

last picture

Man EA really did a great job picking up Crietion. This will be a must have next year. Good to see great quality games still to look for to next year. Great job EA.
icon14.gif

What do you guys think of the new pictures?

I think the same thing I do of most promo pictures of games; I wish they would show what the game really looks like instead of passing around clearly jazzed up shots. Pardon my rant there but that just gets to me. Regurdless, I'm sure the actual game will look damn good considering hardware it will be running on.

This is definitely one game I will have to pick up, if for no other reason than to see what a "puny" PS 2 can do. I love it when people squeeze blood from a stone. Unfortunately, the joy I get from seeing stuff like this run on "ancient" and "limited" hardware makes me look at my PC in disgust. ("Do more, darn it! I know you have it in you! Go do!")

I really wish they held off on this until X360/PS3.

I have been wishing that for three years. It all sounds so cool..to bad it's on dated hardware.

I'm really wondering how the framerate is during the smoky/particle-heavy parts on the xbox... or how they are handling that if it is a good framerate during then.

Alstrong said:
I'm really wondering how the framerate is during the smoky/particle-heavy parts on the xbox... or how they are handling that if it is a good framerate during then.

I'm sure it'll be OK.

I kinda wish they had gone Xbox only, too. That would have been better than nothing.

Bill said:
I really wish they held off on this until X360/PS3.

I have been wishing that for three years. It all sounds so cool..to bad it's on dated hardware.

I don't. I actually like getting my money's worth out of my PS2. If I can buy 5 more games for my PS2 in 2006 I will be one happy camper.

Bill said:
But for myself personally, I always saw it as a natural for next gen consoles.

Anyway I thought a next gen version was planned?

I noticed the screens are EXACTLY the same on IGN's Xbox site, so I wonder which version it really is (since I doubt they look the same down to the pixel)

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/683/683537/img_3241387.html

They've always shown the PS2 version of this game, so I suspect that these new pictures are PS2 screens also.

I'll bet it looks exactly the same on both and just like those screenshots. I mean we all know the PS2 and the Xbox can do such high quality anitalising and texture filtering and still get plenty good performance in scenes like that, eh? :D

"Black" is the last hurrah for the PS2. I for one am glad that it is being released on the PS2.

I've been tracking this title since E3 2002, it has been a long wait, but most definately worth it.

Just imagine what EA and other developers will do when the tricks from this version of Renderware is rolled put across the userbase. PS2 titles for 2006 and 2007 will receive a real boost.

In the massmarket real world the PS2 will matter for a few more years. We've still got the $99 pricepoint to look forward to this coming Easter, 10 - 20 million more sales worldwide. It's easy to get caught up in the hardcore nextgen bubble.

"Black" looks amazing for a PS2 title, if I had the ability to capture 480p output I would love to make a short 3 minute video showing how far the hardware has come. Next to a PS2 launch game like Timesplitters, "Black" might as well be a nextgen game. It is like the leap from Ridge Racer 5 to Burnout 4, Criterion certainly are the masters of the PS2. I wonder how this all translates to mastering multicore, multithread development?

I don't know why people think these shots are doctored? Both Burnout 3 & 4 looked like the screenshots, even better in motion, the same is true for God of War. I think some people are still playing their games in 480i.

Nick Laslett said:
"Black" is the last hurrah for the PS2. I for one am glad that it is being released on the PS2.

Well technically I would say FF XII but I see what you are trying to say, so no harm no foul.:smile:

Back