NEC Electronics on Xenos (downspec in dice interconnect bandwidth?)

jvd said:
I think nintendo made it main stream. To this day there is not one hollywood movie about the playstation and its games / acessorys . However there is a hollywood movie staring fred savage about nintendo , the power glove and supermario 3 .

I believe it was called the wiz

It was called The Wizard. Personally, I think Nintendo made it mainstream in a way but Sony made gaming cool and pushed it to another level in popularity.

jvd said:
So then it was sega that made it mainstream ?

No, but they got it started with start of more adult focused markets like sports titles.

I dunno about that . Before the nes even many familys played video games. The atari and others were big family things . My father , mother , uncle , grandmother and older sister would all play .

But I doubt without the kids, they would have bought the system and played by themselves.

I think main stream is a big wrong . You need to come up with something else for sony .

I think it's right. Sony finally realized what Sega started with Genesis.

Btw atari dind't invent it , there was a guy who made video games before atari , it was recently on g4 icons .

Ralph Baer is his name. Read First Quarter by Steve Kent. That's where Icons got most of it's stuff on Ralph Baer IMO.

Mainstream?

My view of mainstream would be that I can eat dinner at an upscale restaurant and carry on a conversation about my leet apache skills in Battlefield 2 without having people around me think that I am a nutball.

When that day becomes reality I will gladly find other ways to embarass myself in public.

MoeStooge said:
Mainstream?

My view of mainstream would be that I can eat dinner at an upscale restaurant and carry on a conversation about my leet apache skills in Battlefield 2 without having people around me think that I am a nutball.

When that day becomes reality I will gladly find other ways to embarass myself in public.

Dude, several times this month, I've told my friend to SHUT THE HELL UP from babbling on and on about his latest BF2 session! And I play BF2 as well! :LOL:

I think as long as you don't go on like a fanatic about a game (as probably in your case), I discuss games with my friends all the time in public and don't get the yer a loon look from people. ;)

Quick! Someone close this thread before it collapses into ANOTHER 'this company is better/bigger/smarter/more important/more streetwise/funnnier/more innovative/more socially aware/more spiritual endowed/lower caloried/sugar free/extra volume/enriched with micro fruit oils and Pentafructoglycophalimide/yadayadayada than that company' thread. Especially based on nothing more than a sig for goodness sakes!

Back