Naruto

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys,

I just wanted to get a clearer head about this. Hopefully some people read the manga...

I think i've read it up until just after they come back from their 3-year break and not too much after that... What's the situation now? Is it much further?

How about the Anime? I remember the Anime had a lot of filler episodes and the last ones i watched were filler episodes before the 3-year break... What's it like now?

Thanks!

Why do you need for somebody to PM you the links? Why not just post them in this thread?

Well the most important questions were "where are we in the series now", not really about the links.... As long as that's answered, i'm cool... And yes it's totally illegal i think so i edited my post.

K.I.L.E.R said:
My biggest concern is, is what you are asking for legal?
Kind of, sort of, maybe; it depends what country LB is in and what country the person helping him is in. The latest episodes of Naruto manga & anime are currently unlicensed and untranslated officially into english so their in that wonderful nebulous gray zone I love to play in.

It's not against the law in the US nor Europe yet still, I'm pretty sure...but you may want to check your own national law before finding Baka updates or anything!

As to LB's question....

I read the manga a bit further than you, I read it until after the 3 year break and then thru the next story arch to it's bitter conclusion....THEN I stopped reading it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! (Not much, but I don't want to ruin it for no one...highlight to read)

It gets good, it gets interesting, it's not going to be anything to do with Sasuke for a while though if that's what you're asking...he hadn't come up yet when I had finished up with the Sand arch.

I think the anime is going to start following the manga again soon, I'll start following it again then I think...I haven't watched it in ages.

On a lighter note, they're to the final stages of the Chunin exam in the Cartoon Networks Naruto and my kids have become all addicted to it again. Not surprising, it's one of the best spots in the series so far....IMHO.

I can't wait to see their reaction to the "BIG" fight.... :LOL:

Oh yes i think i remember now... I read the manga up until some weird people try to awaken the Sand guy demon or whatever it is..... Which i guess is not the end to that storyline... Then i stopped and now i'm too confused with their chapter numbering.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!
-VERY DETAILLED!!!!-

This is how the story continues, I left out some of the sidestories and the bloodlines.
The Hokage of the Sand, Gaara, is hunted by the Akatsuki who finally want to capture the "tailed" demons. Eventually, he's beaten and his demon is extracted while Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi and the old lady from Sand village are still fighting to get to him. Gaara dies, but after defeating the first Akatskukis Gaara is resurrected by Naruto and the old lady who gives her life in return for Gaara. One of the dying Akatskukis discloses that Kabuto is a spy for the Akatskui in Orochimaru's base and a meeting is scheduled in a few days.

After returning to Leaf villiage Kakashi who was injured is hospitalized, while Team Kakashi is temporarily assigned a new leader, one of the Anbu - I can't remember his name; I think it's Yamato or sg. The new leader, who is a clone of the first Hokage created by Orochimaru has the ability to seal and control Naruto's Kyuubi. Moreover, a new dubious team member with an unknown past and unknown loyalties joins the crew, Sai. He uses paintings to create dangerous foes.

The four leave for the meeting where they discover that Kabuto has betrayed the Akatsuki and is in league with Orochimaru who is also nearby. After some fighting -Sai switches sides to Orochimaru-, Naruto unleashes his demon powers and in order to defeat Orochimaru he unleashes the fourth stage of the Kyuubi transformation. In that stage he loses control of himself and his consciousness. He beats up Orochimaru pretty badly - he mentions his body has reached his limits and soon he has to switch- and is hurt pretty badly in return. He also injures his love, Sakura. After Naruto has been returned to normal by Yamato who also renews the Kyuubi seal -Naruto can't relie on unleashing Kyuubi anymore-, they'll pursue them and eventually the find one of Orochimaru's hideout. After some infiltrating Naruto finally meets up with Sasuke who is not only ultra powerful but also doesn't care for Naruto and the rest. All that is on his mind is revenge on his brother and he doesn't care if he has to sacrifice his soul in exchange. As Sasuke tries to kill Naruto, his move is deflected. Sasuke is really powerful, he can also reach inside Naruto's mind where he has a chat with Kyuubi himself who seems to know the Uchiha bloodline very well from the past. Kyuubi warns Sasuke not to kill Naruto.
In this story Arc Sai switches sides again after his secret mission has been foiled by Naruto & Co. Naruto's loyalty finally makes him a real part of the team.

Team Kakashi returns to Leaf village empty-handed. After load of dialogues Kakashi promises special training session to Naruto to make him as powerful as Sasuke so that Naruto may bring Sasuke back yet....

OK, that's the story so far. Don't blame me for the clichees, etc., blame the mangaka.

hupfinsgack said:
MAJOR SPOILER ALERT!!!
-VERY DETAILLED!!!!-
OK, that's the story so far. Don't blame me for the clichees, etc., blame the mangaka.

I take it that's from the Manga, right? How can i find that?

london-boy said:
I take it that's from the Manga, right? How can i find that?

First of all, don't quote the spoilers ;-). Secondly, just check your pm. Thirdly, yes that is from the manga.

I'm waiting for the anime to start following the manga again, then I'll start following it. The filler stuff was just awful.

Off to check out Wikipedia, thanks all!

Eternal Sailor Moon would cover Naruto with big energy hearts and she would probably be able to get the Nine Tail Fox thing out of him, she's been "exorcising" monsters out of people all her life, she's awesome. Yes she is.

Back