Naruto Gameplay

TheChefO

Banned
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4391_en.html

Looking sweet! :D

1017.jpg

Another great looking game by UBI with detailed, cartoon quality, cell shaded graphics. The environment detail is great along with the color pallete and art style/direction. Great lighting as well.

If anyone knows the release date, please post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it looks very impressive, certainly not much better than the gc naruto games. I think the games animation looks lacking too. Certainly not as impressive as i'd hoped,

Still it's not out for a while right?

Interesting... has anyone played the previous Naruto jrpgs? As good as the GNT series was I always hoped to play them (the rpgs) but can't read enough Japanese. This looks pretty decent. Not much to see yet but I like the shadows... all in all a pretty nice Naruto look and feel, much like the GC GNT series but obviously the environments are much bigger and the shadowing improved.

The visuals don't look mindblowing to me. But after playing the Trusty Bell demo other cel-shading looks so much less now.
Gameplay looks like it's GTA-style. I love those kind of games. Hope there's lots to do in the game world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge naruto fan actually so I'm really interested in this title, if this is well made, not like those dumbass dbz games where the story is slim to none and then you go from A to B and fight someone and move from B to C and fight again, I have no interest. However if its really a good RPG, which I have no doubt since its ubi montreal, I'll be sure to check it out.

I haven't had the pleasure of playing the trusty bell demo myself but having seen the gameplay videos, I agree it is another very nice looking cell shaded game.

I haven't been a fan of or seen anything on Naruto but I am a fan of anime (a Ninja Scroll game would DOMINATE).

What drew me in is the look of this game. Obviously similar to Trusty Bell but a bit different IMO. Not to mention I think the gameplay would be more my style in this than Trusty Bell (that one will be for my Fiance).

The lighting, color pallete, attention to detail, different render styles for Characters and backgrounds (true Anime/hand-drawn style), Animation, Control scheme (how the character seems to be realisticly (somewhat) interacting in his world), Personality, etc. I love the whole thing!

I went into this gen with the mindset of purchasing only "must-haves" which have lots of live replayability and renting the rest so I don't miss out on anything. My scheme seems to be falling apart because there are many games coming out between now and the end of the year that I'll probably end up buying that don't match my criteria. :oops:

Back