N64 Perfect Dark coming to Xbox Live

Saga_Studios

Newcomer
Nintendo still owns the rights to it, but there getting payed by Mircosoft to allow for this game. Golden Eye was gonna come out but something about the Bond Lience, being with who ever has it now, not gonna happen. In stead, Perfect Dark will feature some of the MP maps from GoldenEye, some weapons, and some other stuff. The game is bein given an up grade in the grahics department. Hopefully controls are good. The game is gonna cost around 1600 MS points. I can't wait for this game. Gonna be sweet. Oh and MP is fully online, also with story mode. I just miss the good old days of this game, plant a Laptop gun here, some proxs over here and over in these other places, maybe use my Slayer Rocket launcher and fly around the map till I run out of fuel or hit someone or something. Might bust out the golden gun. Love the complex, temple, really the best two maps of the game. Both from Golen Eye. Story mode is good for a 64 game, better than Halo 3 story and PDZ story. Heck this game will get me off of MW2 for awhile. Might hold me over for a few months. I don't care if you love or hate this game's story. The MP back in the day was the best. Quake sucked, Unreal was a joke compared to this. Love the bots in this one. One of the best 64 games, one of the best FPS of all time.

Hope they redesign the idiotic cat-like enemy aliens. They looked just terribad on the N64, totally not evil or wicked at all. Just...bad, bad, bad!

Never really liked Perfect Dark all that much regardless. It was stupidly hard at times, although the crappy framerate probably played a large part in that. It's difficult to aim with a joypad with sometimes single-digit framerates.

Perfect Dark just came out yesterday, haven't downloaded it yet, probley download it sometime in the next week. It should be good, get me off MW2 a while, till I get BFBC2.

If it's anything like Perfect Dark Zero, it will suck major donkey dick.

Well, I'm gonna download it here. It shouldn't be like PDZero, should be more like the N64 PD, just 1080P, better vids, maybe better controls. It only cost 800 MS points, games under 1 gig. Take me about 1-3 min to download, depending on speed. Has online mp, that would be sweet, be like playin goldeneye, with better vids, controls, but online. Hope its good.

At one point I had Perfect Dark running on Project64 with keyboard+mouse support, FSAA, AF at 1360x768 (TV). That's how that game was meant to be played. On N64 the framerate really sucks at times if you try to use the 640x480 mode.

I don't think it's much like the Xbox 360 sequel. It's not a bad game, but it does have some cheese for sure. It's essentially Goldeneye in a new setting. I really enjoyed some of the missions but I've never actually beaten the game.

Heck, I owned the game for years, since it came out, and I just beat it on 64, 4 days ago. I got to the last level along time ago, just never beat it. When I heard PD was coming to Xbox Live, I had to bust out the old 64 and give it a try. Yeah, framerate is pretty bad, has lag issues. You should look at some of the Xbox 360 pics, looks alot better than 64, bout 200% better.

What I think about PD Update.

I finally got around to dl PD. Visuals are much better, alot cleaner, frame rate runs alot smoother. Controls for the game feel, aheck of alot better, than using a 64 controller. Controls are alot moe tight, not as loose as 64. Feels like your playing Time Splinters .04. Online play has some issues, lag, and kicks you out more than it should. Sucks when your kickin a$$ and the host quits. Some of the Golden Eye guys are in the game, just not all of the maps are. It has the 3 Classic Maps from GE that were avaivible when PD first came out on 64. It just doesn't have the rest of GEs maps that we were promised. Game takes about 3 mins to download at 7MB. Size is 239MB. Cost is 800 Points, or around $8.00. PD64, PD360, are so much better than PDZ, PDZ sucked. Just to point that out, in case you didn't know, or forgot. Perfect Dark is way better than Perfect Dark Zero. PDZ is terriable. PD is still pretty good, for being a 10 Year old game. Overall, classic game just got better. It is worth 800 points. Now we just need Rare to fix the online play and we should be fine.

Back