My video card collection's website - The Golden Era of 3D Acceleration

[EOCF] Tim

Newcomer
***(ps. please check following pages for updates here and there, page 4 for instance)***

Hi,

Some of you might know me on here, some not.

My name is Tim and I’ve been collecting video cards for quite some time now. Back in December I decided to make a website for my collection. It’s called The Golden Era of 3D Acceleration, and it covers all high end graphics cards from the very beginning of 3D in 1994, to 2003. The site contains many retail cards and also some very rare pieces of hardware, including prototypes.

This is purely a hobby, I’m not a 3D professional in any way, I’ve just got a big passion for 3D acceleration, games, and the hardware that runs them.

My goal is to keep this part of early 3D acceleration alive, sort of like a hardware museum if you like.

I don’t particularly like websites that are a work in progress, but I had to choose from either showing my collection already, or wait a long time for all the info on the cards to be completed.

Please have a look, and let me know what you think of it, either on here, or via tga3dx@gmail.com

The main picture gallery is under “The Collection – Golden Era” and then select the appropriate year.

www.tga3dx.com

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, cool collection, that brings back a lot of memories.

I see you have the Canopus Pure 3D. A 6 meg version of the 3dfx Voodoo Graphics. Very cool. I always wanted that card, but couldn't justify the extra cost. :D

Regards,
SB

Great collection :)

Some criticism. The website is about 50px to wide to be displayed without scrolling on a 1024 screen. Also navigation could be improved to make it easier to find and display cards.

I also noticed the regular G400 seems to be missing?

Hehe, cool collection, that brings back a lot of memories.

I see you have the Canopus Pure 3D. A 6 meg version of the 3dfx Voodoo Graphics. Very cool. I always wanted that card, but couldn't justify the extra cost. :D

Regards,
SB

Glad you like it. Yea it was quite an nice card, even uses a proprietary cable, not the normal loop through. ;)

Great collection :)

Some criticism. The website is about 50px to wide to be displayed without scrolling on a 1024 screen. Also navigation could be improved to make it easier to find and display cards.

I also noticed the regular G400 seems to be missing?

Ah thanks for pointing that out. What are you doing on a 1024 screen though? lol (just kidding), it's a bit difficult adjusting it to below 1280, sorry about that.

I thought I would just collect the G400 Max, I really had to limit myself to not collect every single card on the planet, especially since I'm getting married soon lol.

Take a look in the lower right corner... ;)
Is that a Jazz Bonnie & Clyde?

Edit: Oh, and as for the thread topic: Very nice collection. Could grow into an nice historic resource, but I agree that the navigation leaves a bit to be desired.

1995 General Electric Simulator ASIC - typo
off-the-shell :D

bloody fantastic site

a suggestion
"the major API's at the time, namely RenderWare, BRender and RenderMorphics."

I would really love to see some info on these...

I got an error when trying to view http://www.tga3dx.com/3dfx.html

I'm using IE7.

I'm trying to find out the cause to this error, haven't figured it out yet, it works fine locally, my apologies. :(

1995 General Electric Simulator ASIC - typo
off-the-shell :D

bloody fantastic site

a suggestion
"the major API's at the time, namely RenderWare, BRender and RenderMorphics."

I would really love to see some info on these...

Haha, oh dear lol. Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed.

I'm really glad you like it! :)

Maybe if I have some time I can work on that, I'm getting married in 7 weeks though, it's a bit hectic here! :cool:

dont worry I have somewhere you can hide ;)

ps: do you have opera ?

right click on the page and select validate - it will check your html for errors

dont worry I have somewhere you can hide ;)

ps: do you have opera ?

right click on the page and select validate - it will check your html for errors

Yea I do have opera, it seems my hosting provider added something to the page, locally it works fine.

Thanks to the feedback of you guys (Davros and others), I fixed two things, the search in Overview page, is now fixed. Also the Company History page on 3dfx, is now fixed. :)

Depending on how your data are structured, the "The Timeline" image might be a worthwhile avenue to explore as a navigational tool (at first, I thought it was).

Hey, one of those cards looks very familiar!

That's an amazing collection, I'm glad my Warp5 is sitting in such good company.

Back