My son turned 13 today, got him a 360 elite

Funny. I generally avoid excessively violent games because I just don't enjoy them as much.

Batman:AA was fantastic because you never killed anyone. I really respected that. Plus it was batman.

OMG, got WMC all hooked/set up with it and it's just blowing my mind! Gorgeous picture and it can rape any 'puter in our house for files.

This thing is a proper little HTPC, isn't it? :D

It's not exactly proper, as you need to do transcoding (PS3MediaServer/MediaTomb/Tversity/Twonky etc...) for some codecs/containers.

Only thing I dislike about the media server portion is no Hulu, Netflix only with Live Gold and the fan noise. I have Playon on my PC serving Hulu and Netflix to it (but it cost $29), but haven't found a solution for the fan noise.

...but haven't found a solution for the fan noise.
I did, it was easy. Just cranked up the volume on the sound system. :)

Picked up a communicator thingy so my daughter would have a headset too, plus I REALLY like the idea of having a keypad for any data entry. I like the peripheral, very noice.

What's next, where do I get a keyboard/mouse?

Funny. I generally avoid excessively violent games because I just don't enjoy them as much.

Batman:AA was fantastic because you never killed anyone. I really respected that. Plus it was batman.

I think you might enjoy the Thief games as well as the 4 Splinter Cells on the first Xbox;)

Isee digitalwanderer went into accessory frenzy:smile:

www.xim360.com

If you can wait a couple more month v.3 will be released that has "smart profiles" that are even better and it will be cheaper. If in most games you can manually dial in settings to about 95% PC feel (minus rotation caps) this makes it 99%. Both Xim2 and 3 are fully programable and can account for dead zone size and shape, X:Y ratios, and non linear acceleration curves (among other things).

I can wait a few months, I gotta stop buying things for it for a while anyways...the wife told me. :oops:

Oh, new rule! My kids gotta run a 1/2 mile on the elliptical trainer for every hour of gaming. They make it sound like heavy/unfair torture, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. :)

Oh, new rule! My kids gotta run a 1/2 mile on the elliptical trainer for every hour of gaming. They make it sound like heavy/unfair torture, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. :)

Or in the future require 30 minutes of Natal for every 30 minutes of sit-on-the-couch gaming :)

Good rule. I would only suggest, in addition to that, for every minute on video game at least equal time reading a book. ;)

Or in the future require 30 minutes of Natal for every 30 minutes of sit-on-the-couch gaming :)

Good in theory and I'd support it 100%, but the idea is to get someone away from a screen, or at least I think it should be. Therefore if you can run outside, that's great for your eyesight. You need a regular dose of focussing on 20m + distances to keep your eye-muscles (and also the visual processor in your brain ;) ) balanced out.

Books are in that respect can only steal time from the computer budget, not help to make the budget 'bigger'. ;)

I can wait a few months, I gotta stop buying things for it for a while anyways...the wife told me. :oops:

That's a rather terrible IMO. Training on equipment is rather boring and will soon become the most detested thing by yoour kids. Force them to join a (team) sports club - this way they'll have both varied physical activity and social interaction.

Next up, 10 pull-ups per half-hour on Live.
That's actually pretty easy, assuming you don't play more than 2 hours a day.;)

Back