My apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend

Banned
Can't seem to post reply in that "Questions for NV30" thread of mine. Want to clarify my position, hence this thread.

I have deleted most of my postings in that thread. Those that have read my posts know my story, those that have not don't need to know.

Dave, "slander" can only work if claims are absolutely, undeniably false. I have my emails to back me up.

Kristof, note that I am NOT saying you should leave Beyond3D. It all depends on what Wavey/B3D wants, given the current "restrictions" pertaining to your employ at PowerVR. If not being amongst the first to get next-gen reference boards, or even getting them at all, and depending on board vendors for such boards, is the case, no problem then. You should know how huge it can be, however, if B3D is viewed in the likes of the other famous sites.

ChrisK, yes, I was specifically told by NVIDIA that because Kristof works for a competitor, they are hesitant. His words were "Do you know if Kristof and Wavey ICQs each other for two hours everyday? Do you know what they talk about? You don't, I don't as well. They can say Kristof won't influence anything but, really, what assurances do I have? I think Kristof is a stand up guy but, really, are you *really* sure of anything?". IMO, this guy is really good at his job.

MikeC, my apologies... heat of the moment thing.

Wavey, someone I know said the following some time back wrt my enquiring what it would take for B3D to be like the other "famous" sites :

==============
What is MY reason for giving it to B3D:

Is it because we have history, I trust you, know you are fair an objective
and knowledgeable, and this is our big chance to win over your
X-company-bashing readers?

Do you have the most readers?

Do you have the best testing criteria?

Do you "get it" where our story is concerned?

Will you write a flattering article?

Do you have an R300 you want to go head to head against?

Do we make the best shit ever and you would pee your pants if only you can
get your hands on an <insert next-gen hardware>?

Will you send me a case of beer and a hooker?

Is it because you take potshots at our "fan sites" ; )

Do you want to use it to rip X-company and create big hits for your site by
having the only bad review of <insert next-gen hardware from X-company> out there? And besides, "I like hardware, have a website so it is my birthright to get one!"

Are you writing for an established gaming site with a ton of avid gamers
that need kick ass video cards and will use it to generate excitement for
your new and long overdue hardware section?

You got to give me a reason!
==============

That's a valid view IMO.

My apologies to everyone who thinks I insulted them with my (now deleted) posts. I was really angry at the first two replies in that thread, especially Kristof's first post and especially his subsequent removal of my email address. He obviously does not know how dear I hold B3D to my heart, even if I don't belong to the site anymore. While being its webmaster, I did everything for the site as much as I could do, it almost destroyed my marriage, got me kicked out of the house, had my finances locked out by the wife, had no money, could not reimburse the site the money I received from ads coz I had no money since I got kicked out of the house. Just so you all know... I'm not embarrassed at revealing this nor show my immaturity at not prioritizing things in the real world.

I would plug B3D at VE everytime I think it deserves a plug. Having had some sleep, I now know how inappropriate some of the things I posted were. I still hold true to what I posted but I know this should not be public.

Mods, please lock this thread. No more replies/defending from me. If anyone has issues with me, PM me, don't post this here and continue this aggravation. In the end, I guess I am simply disappointed by those who I thought knew me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back