Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

A new Wall Street Journal report claims that executives at Emo Musk's companies are concerned about his use of illicit drugs.

Observers during a recent all-hands meeting at SpaceX noted that he was slurring his words and rambling so incoherently that they assumed he had arrived high on drugs.
Reportedly, Musk came in an hour late and proceeded to speak for about 15 minutes, at which point SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell felt she had to step in and take over the meeting.
One executive who participated in the event described it as 'nonsensical', 'unhinged' and 'cringeworthy'. This latest news echoes reports of similar concerns voiced previously by Tesla executives.

Sources claim that the list of drugs that Musk is known to use includes LSD, cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine.
.. which will likely come as surprise to exactly noone. Perhaps that meth and PCP are not listed specifically?

thats nice, and i assume this liberal drugs policy extends to every worker in his company. in fact, there should be mandatory lsd for the workers who do mission critical assembly at spacex

A new Wall Street Journal report claims that executives at Emo Musk's companies are concerned about his use of illicit drugs.

Observers during a recent all-hands meeting at SpaceX noted that he was slurring his words and rambling so incoherently that they assumed he had arrived high on drugs.
Reportedly, Musk came in an hour late and proceeded to speak for about 15 minutes, at which point SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell felt she had to step in and take over the meeting.
One executive who participated in the event described it as 'nonsensical', 'unhinged' and 'cringeworthy'. This latest news echoes reports of similar concerns voiced previously by Tesla executives.

Sources claim that the list of drugs that Musk is known to use includes LSD, cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine.
.. which will likely come as surprise to exactly noone. Perhaps that meth and PCP are not listed specifically?
I don't think he's using real LSD, even I can't find any and I've been looking for over 20 years now. I haven't seen any real LSD since they busted Bill Pickard and the Dead broke up. I've seen a lot of what people are calling LSD, but I wouldn't take it since I'm pretty sure it's either fake or laced. Pretty sad, just can't trust acid dealers anymore. :(

I don't think he's using real LSD, even I can't find any and I've been looking for over 20 years now. I haven't seen any real LSD since they busted Bill Pickard and the Dead broke up. I've seen a lot of what people are calling LSD, but I wouldn't take it since I'm pretty sure it's either fake or laced. Pretty sad, just can't trust acid dealers anymore. :(
Controlled legalization and access to quality testing makes a ton of sense to me. A lot of harm could be prevented if there were safe spaces for use and the risk of accidently consuming something laced with fentanyl or other dangerous substances was minimized.

That said, Musk's typical Twitter mental farts possibly being a result of him having a particularly bad trip on a mix of crank and angel dust seems as plausible an explanation as any to me.
It might be good if he mostly stuck to weed, acid or molly. It could actually end up contributing to him becoming a better human being.

I suspect that billionaire Elon Musk might find it a little bit easier to procure any drug on the planet than the rest of us mere mortals.

Heck, he could afford to set up a lab and employ a chemist to manufacture the stuff without even noticing the cost!

That's probably his problem - his drugs are too good!

Is it really that bad? Does that mean I might have never taken actual LSD? What are the cheap substitutes most often used?

In recent years, some executives and board members at his companies and others close to the billionaire have developed a persistent concern that drugs are fueling Musk's contrarian views, unfiltered speech and provocative antics.

You disagree with "the message"? Well then, you're clearly on drugs.

Bear in mind, WSJ is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the biggest bottom feeding scumbag there is - a lowly, tabloid concocting smear merchant. The man who can largely be thanked for news media becoming the travesty that it is today.

I have my issues with Musk, but there are few people as appalling, stone-hearted, and detrimental to society as that geriatric Grima Wormtongue.

Murdoch?

tenor.gif

Musk doesn't take drugs or drink alcoohol, at all. He is being regularly tested by the NASA for that.
That might be true or it might not. I for one wouldn't judge him if he did do drugs.

However, I couldn't help but notice the way his response was phrased; 'I agreed [to] random drug testing. Not even trace quantities were found'.
Which really does not qualify as outright denial of the allegations.

That might be true or it might not. I for one wouldn't judge him if he did do drugs.

However, I couldn't help but notice the way his response was phrased; 'I agreed [to] random drug testing. Not even trace quantities were found'.
Which really does not qualify as outright denial of the allegations.
yeah because there is no way to fake a drug test and even if there were a way to do it, he couldnt afford it

Musk had three years of NASA-imposed drug testing after his late 2018 weed-smoking Rogan appearance, so he’s probably been test-free since sometime in 2022. Also:
Gerstenmaier, the NASA administrator who requested the review, left the agency several months after the conclusion of the probe. Less than a year later, he got a job at SpaceX, where he's now the vice president of build and flight reliability.

OT to the thread, but a fun side note:

In Canada, at least in Vancouver, you can walk into a retail store and buy LSD off the shelf, along with various other psychedelics. It's a 'grey market' much like cannabis was in the years leading up to legalization.
The business that sells it also runs the free local drug testing service using FTIR spectrometers, so if anyone's going to know whether they have legit product, it's them.

It's definitely out there, and for someone with Musk's wealth and resources, easy enough to get if he really wanted to.

OT to the thread, but a fun side note:

In Canada, at least in Vancouver, you can walk into a retail store and buy LSD off the shelf, along with various other psychedelics. It's a 'grey market' much like cannabis was in the years leading up to legalization.
The business that sells it also runs the free local drug testing service using FTIR spectrometers, so if anyone's going to know whether they have legit product, it's them.

It's definitely out there, and for someone with Musk's wealth and resources, easy enough to get if he really wanted to.
Could you tell me exactly in Canada where this is at? I have some friends that will travel there for it without hesitation. Heck we might do a group vacation if this is real!

Personally I don't know if I'd do it again or not. I had my fun with it and survived, not sure I really want to rewire my brain again and acid has a tendency to do that a bit.

Could you tell me exactly in Canada where this is at? I have some friends that will travel there for it without hesitation. Heck we might do a group vacation if this is real!

Personally I don't know if I'd do it again or not. I had my fun with it and survived, not sure I really want to rewire my brain again and acid has a tendency to do that a bit.
If you do, watch Tree of Life while under the influence.

You're welcome 😉

A judge in the US state of Delaware has annulled a $56bn (£44bn) pay deal awarded to Elon Musk in 2018 by the electric car company Tesla.
The lawsuit was filed by a shareholder who argued that it was an overpayment.

Judge Kathaleen McCormick ruled that the Tesla board's approval of the pay package was "deeply flawed."

In a post on X, which is owned by Mr Musk and formerly known as Twitter, he wrote: "Never incorporate your company in the state of Delaware".
The pay deal was the biggest ever in corporate history, helping to make Mr Musk one the richest people in the world.

Back