Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Isnt Delaware a state a lot of companies register in because their regulations are so lax ?

It's not necessarily regulations are lax, but Delaware does have corporation court which helps businesses to settle their differences more quickly. This case being decided by a judge instead of juries is one example. Tax benefits don't hurt, either.

aA0oxd9_460s.jpg

So what does the state of Delaware get from the deal ?
It's not necessarily regulations are lax,
I meant Tax Regulations
ps: arnt a lot of super + hyper cars registered there because you can avoid some sort of tax

Last edited:
Musk tweeted that his company has neural links that let you control devices with your brain.

Who's going to sign up to have implants installed in their brains?

And it would be irresponsible to do without some independent vetting and monitoring, even if they could find willing guinea pigs.

So what does the state of Delaware get from the deal ?

I meant Tax Regulations
ps: arnt a lot of super + hyper cars registered there because you can avoid some sort of tax

I'd imagine that with so many corporations registered in Delaware, there are needs for lawyers and maybe accountants (IIRC you need to hire a registered agent in Delaware if you want to register in Delaware). Delaware is a small state with just over a million people, so I guess it does benefit the economy but i'm not sure by how much. It also has higher franchise tax than other states, but still very small compared to income taxes in other states.

Question while layers in Delaware may earn income doesnt the state have to bear the costs of any trial apart from layers fees

Question while layers in Delaware may earn income doesnt the state have to bear the costs of any trial apart from layers fees

Yes, that's true, but the government has to provide for these already (though probably not at this scale), and I think you need to pay a small fee to bring up lawsuits about commercial disputes.
I guess it's a nice niche but probably not that good otherwise other smaller states would want to do the same thing. Of course, over a hundred years of experiences is quite hard to replicate.

Musk tweeted that his company has neural links that let you control devices with your brain.

Who's going to sign up to have implants installed in their brains?

And it would be irresponsible to do without some independent vetting and monitoring, even if they could find willing guinea pigs.

Neuralink have to comply with FDA rules on human trials, same as everyone else.

Their first tests/products are aimed at people who are essentially paralysed. They're never going to run short of volunteers, even before they dip into the swamp of Musk stans.

There are other companies who are further along with human trials of BCI implants.

Ars write up. Links to the Ars/Reuters articles on the issues Neuralink have had with animal experiments.

Does anyone remember a mind control gaming peripheral that was out years ago
I tried to find it but couldnt remember what it was called
but I did find this
1706842303383.png

Edit: it might have been the Emotiv Insight

Last edited:
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Edit: Ooh, what an awesome prop/practical effect that gadget would be for a film in Davros's favorite genre - xxx parody of Star Trek:First Contact.

Last edited:
Isnt Delaware a state a lot of companies register in because their regulations are so lax ?
Yes. Kind of. There are tax reasons to incorporate in Delaware that can reduce taxable income in the states that the company makes its revenue in. It's also fairly easy to register here and start a business. Shell corporations are one of our specialties. You could say we're a bit of a tax haven. More businesses are incorporated here than we have residents.

And as pcchen mentioned we have the Court of Chancery that handles many business disputes. That court has a long and established history in case law. It is one of three states that has a chancery court, but I think it is the most used and established.

“As a sign of X Corp’s commitment to free speech, we’re proud to provide financial support for Gina Carano’s lawsuit, empowering her to seek vindication of her free speech rights on X and the ability to work without bullying, harassment, or discrimination,”

tenor.gif

rust is often due to water exposure, although it can also be caused by “exposure to damaging chemicals, saline, grease, or prolonged exposure to heat.”

Basically any outside environment

To prevent damage to the exterior, immediately remove corrosive substances (such as grease, oil, bird droppings, tree resin, dead insects, tar spots, road salt, industrial fallout, etc.).”

It's a truck to go in the wild! Can't be defeated by bird poop!

Ohhhh people who gave him money deserve it sooooo much

Back