Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Censoring the existence of rivals on your platform is sign of extreme insecurity and makes no business sense. Can you imagine if Google blocked all references to other search engines, online apps and every every other company who offered competing products? Or if Microsoft did it? Or Apple?

It's a path to self isolation in a connected world. What's the next move, suspending all other car manufacturers because they compete with Tesla? Where does the madness end as Musk becomes increasingly more unravelled as the days pass.

Surely it's got to break some kind of anti competition law?

We already know Musk is extremely insecure and is unravelling. It's his prior behaviour which has led to a lot of folk setting up Mastodon accounts as an alternative, but it does make sense to some degree that twitter should make it more difficult for them to do so. I see that some twitter users are posting images of QR codes containing links to their Mastodon accounts, so they are getting around the block pretty easily for now.

Personally, from what I've read, I think it more likely that we'll see the twitter platform crumble before the userbase all departs. Sounds as though it has been held together by string for some time (probably much the same as other social media/large commercial sites - ebay, I'm looking at you), but they have taken the choice to sack the people weaving the string to hold it all together. Doesn't seem a good idea.

It's too early to say what will happen.
I am in favor of the experience continuing.
The world needs different social networks that allow for more open discussions.

The world needs different social networks that allow for more open discussions.
Speaking of, I think Hive Social has reopened finally. They were gaining a bit of steam but then closed up while they patched security issues. What they need to expand to is having a Web view interface and being embeddable elsewhere.

Speaking of, I think Hive Social has reopened finally. They were gaining a bit of steam but then closed up while they patched security issues. What they need to expand to is having a Web view interface and being embeddable elsewhere.
I got on Hive early but no other bugger is on. I've not looked in on Mastodon yet.

I only use Twitter to follow a few tech and science news outlets so I can read stories that interest me, plus a handful of individuals whose posts comments bright my day, e..g Mark Hamill, Patrick Stuart. I ignore high-volume posters completely so Twitter is a good solution to skim a ton of news websites really quickly.

If Twitter does fall, I will be visiting these websites a lot less often unless RSS makes a come back! Twitter replaced RSS for me.

This whole situation is bat shit crazy but I also think he's an incredibly dangerous individual. At this point I think he could quite easily take over Trumps mantle of "champion of the right" and given the sheer denseness of the US right, I think he could probably make a successful bid for the presidency.

EDIT: Oh he's Canadian. Thank God. The Canadians are no-where near stupid enough to vote him into power.

I think a lot of the people that were making excuses for him before because he "Owns the Libs" are pretty disapointed at him. These guys are free speech absolutists. Many of Musks selective sensoring ruined his image with those sorts of radicals too. I see lots od 4chan loonies calling him "controlled oposition" or "fed" recently.

Also, I believe he does have a US citizenship.

Last edited:
It's more than just three though isn't it?

And last I heard at least one of them involved self-inflicted brain damage. Do you think that Musk might be beta-testing the implants on himself?

Back