Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Twitter Closes All Of Its Office Buildings as Employees Resign En Masse​

Employees had until 2pm PT on Thursday to commit to "hardcore Twitter 2.0." Instead, they quit.​

Hundreds of Twitter employees have resigned en masse following Elon Musk's ultimate that they commit to what he has dubbed a "hardcore Twitter 2.0."

The employees had until 2pm PT on Thursday to select "yes" on a Google Form to the question of whether they wanted to stay at Twitter, according to reports by The Verge and New York Times among others. Instead, employees began posting farewell messages to what has been described as an avalanche of salute emojis.

Employees were previously told they could sign on for Twitter's "exciting journey" or take severance and "transition away" from the company.

Musk's next power move is to fire everyone who is left that clicked "Yes" because who wants such weak willed folks who are only around for the money to be working for their company... :ROFLMAO:

Twitter is still here this morning. It didn't shut down. My feeling is that it will go through some ups & downs over the next few days, but I think it has a good chance to continue. It definitely won't be the same Twitter. Will it be better? Debatable. I enjoy my time there & as along as it's up I will continue to be there, but I have an account on Mastodon( https://mstdn.social/@AzBat360 ) if things go South.

Here's a pretty good thread about one engineer's reason for leaving. Don't fault him one bit. If you don't have faith in the vision of the company it's best just to leave. No need being stressed & miserable at work.

P.S.

Tommy McClain

Twitter’s moderation system is in tatters​

After Elon Musk’s staff cuts, there are hardly any moderators left to talk to.​

“With the algorithm not being updated anymore and the human moderators gone, there’s just not enough people to manage the ship,” Ingle says. “My concern is that these filters are going to get more and more porous, and more and more things are going to come through as the algorithms get less accurate over time. And there’s no human being to catch things going through the cracks.”

Within a day of Musk taking ownership of Twitter, Ingle says, internal data showed that the number of abusive tweets reported by users increased 50 percent. That initial spike died off a little, she says, but abusive content reports remained about 40 percent or so higher than the usual volume before the takeover.

Rebekah Tromble, director of the Institute for Data, Democracy & Politics at George Washington University, also expects to see Twitter’s defenses against banned content wither. “Twitter has always struggled with this, but a number of talented teams had made real progress on these problems in recent months. Those teams have now been wiped out.”

17) Another country is telling you that they want all of your data on their users stored on servers in their country. Do you have policy experts for that country? Do you have a lot of *very* motivated lawyers? Do you have an infra eng who knows how to partition your data just so?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I still have pstd on this

1. Elon want people to visit him in the office despite th office is closed until Monday, and people access cards has been revoked / blocked at least until Monday

2. Elon want people to email him - screenshots - of codes

Genius 16D moves, I can't even start to comprehend

Last edited:
Rapidly updated page elsewhere talking about this:

Last edited:
Back