Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Well yeah.

TBH I read the first post by "Eric" as having undertones of "IDGAF, I don't want to work here for this twat".
Same, I figured it was just an employee who was sick of Musk's total confidence that he knew everything better than anyone else. It's the most fun I've had watching someone drive a company into the ground before!

Whether Twitter will blow up or successfully transition and thriving, I'm sure Elon x Twitter will be a study material in universities in all kinds of topics.

LOL. When was being of critical of your boss in a public setting while easily identifiable ever a safe thing to do? Everybody knows Musk is a dick but I would advise anyone that works there to maximize the chance of transitioning to a great opportunity somewhere else. That means STFU and pass out your resume until you find something that similar to what Twitter was before. Pre-Musk Twitter is over. No point in complaining about it. Shit changes and being right doesn't pay bills.

Last edited:
When was being of critical of your boss in a public setting while easily identifiable ever a safe thing to do?

Let's flip that ... When was bosses being critical of your work in a public setting ever considered anything but creating a hostile workplace? In most places the boss would be disciplined including steps as extensive as being fired by the Human Relations department.

Whether Twitter will blow up or successfully transition and thriving, I'm sure Elon x Twitter will be a study material in universities in all kinds of topics.

This shit happens all the time but less publicly. I've been to a number of companies that had great cultures only to have new leadership move in and destroy it. People complain only to get fired, laid off or quit but those companies kept moving forward. If these guys need Musk to run Twitter into the ground to feel validated, they will probably be left wanting.

Last edited:
Let's flip that ... When was bosses being critical of your work in a public setting ever considered anything but creating a hostile workplace? In most places the boss would be disciplined including steps as extensive as being fired by the Human Relations department.

Now tell me which situation is more likely to happen. You get fired for publicly defending your work to your boss/being openly critical of your boss or your boss gets fired for publicly shaming your work? In this case its already 14 times to zero.

Now tell me which situation is more likely to happen. You get fired for publicly defending your work to your boss or your boss gets fired for publicly shaming your work? In this case its already 14 times to zero.

It doesn't matter what happens more. What's important is the mistake is clearly on the managers and bosses. This is the sort of thing that spawns lawsuits and will eventually ruin their reputation.

Forgot to mention this part ---

To be clear, I think the best tact the engineers should have taken was to file official complaints with HR about the hostile workplace and toxic culture being created.

It doesn't matter what happens more. What's important is the mistake is clearly on the managers and bosses. This is the sort of thing that spawns lawsuits and will eventually ruin their reputation.
That’s irrelevant to me. There is 99% chance that nothing happens to Musk but this engineer is now jobless. And the current environment is not like past years. Amazon just laid off 10 thousand employees and it’s all corporate and tech staff. So did Facebook. Apple and MS have initiated hiring freezes. The tech industry has laid off 120K this year.

Hopefully this guy is single with plenty of savings in the bank or finds another opportunity quickly. But if he got a family and looking at a long layoff, it doesn’t matter how wrong Musk is.

There are times when you should be idealistic and fight the good fight. But losing your job over a tweet when your industry is struggling and we are on the cusp of a recession is not ideal. Sometimes a pragmatic approach is a better path. Every fight is not worth fighting especially when there is far more to lose than to gain.

There is 99% chance that nothing happens to Musk but this engineer is now jobless.
I heard had multiple interests from other companies with interviews lined up and even job offers.

There are times when you should be idealistic and fight the good fight. But losing your job over a tweet when your industry is struggling and we are on the cusp of a recession is not ideal. Sometimes a pragmatic approach is a better path. Every fight is not worth fighting especially when there is far more to lose than to gain.
Completely agree.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention this part ---

To be clear, I think the best tact the engineers should have taken was to file official complaints with HR about the hostile workplace and toxic culture being created.
HR can’t fire or discipline the owner. Twitter isn’t a public corporation anymore.

Plus HR ultimately works on behalf of the company not the staff. The further you are up the food chain the least likely HR will do anything to you. It takes bad PR or civil suits to remove bad apples when talking top leadership.

HR can’t fire or discipline the owners. Twitter isn’t a public corporation anymore.

Plus HR ultimately works on behalf of the company not the staff. The further you are up the food chain the least likely HR will do anything to you. It takes bad PR or civil suits to remove bad apples when talking top leadership.
The filing reports with HR is to provide the paper trail of complaints that will be used in the lawsuits.

LOL. When was being of critical of your boss in a public setting while easily identifiable ever a safe thing to do? Everybody knows Musk is a dick but I would advise anyone that works there is to maximize the chance of transitioning to a great opportunity somewhere else. That means STFU and pass out your resume until you find something that similar to what Twitter was before. Pre-Musk Twitter is over. No point in complaining about it. Shit changes and being right doesn't pay bills.
Personally I love whats going on and I see it as 100% positive. Musk isn't a low profile individual. He is branding himself like a lot of other billionaires because he has the power to do so. Its like a halo effect.
We associate someone's wealth with credibility and authority.
Everyday people putting a stand publicly and breaking that fake image without living in the mentality of "I will silence myself because bills" is a positive message.
His persona marketing has been debunked, even evident by his own decisions.
Billionaires like Elon Musk are living in a completely different "universe" than the rest of us. They believe they are entitled to being right, being your boss and knowing better when people underneath these boss figures might be better.

I can't wait for someone to make a movie out of this! Seth Roger and the likes of you, are you preparing a script already?? The jokes make themselves for you and Mike Meyers already played Musk before Musk!

Back