Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

Twitter’s Copyright Strike System is Down, Allowing Users to Post Entire Movies to the Site​

It's like the wild wild west on Twitter right now.

Twitter's copyright strike system is reportedly down.

The system is responsible for taking down any copyrighted content, like movies and music, that may be circulating on its site. But since it's not functioning as it should, many users are taking the opportunity to tweet out full-length versions of popular films and TV shows.

The only caveat to doing this is the site's maximum video upload requirement, meaning the movie can't be posted in one tweet. Instead, fans are filling each others' timelines with threads of a couple of minutes worth of video clips in their chronological order.

so... when will twitter.com got taken down by FBI or get delisted from Google.com, like various piracy websites?

or will they be raided by SWAT like kim's mansion on MEGAUPLOAD fiasco?

But he will have the best people left, those with real hardcore attitude in payroll and accounting, who will work till midnight to reach awesomeness in their field. One extremely talented person surely can outperform a legion of mediocrities...
You dont need other "best people" when you have Elon Musk, who implanted his brain with an AI assisting chip branching to the company's servers and doing all the payroll excels and programming simultaneously and automatically in accordance to his all knowing genius at extraordinary speeds that no human can match.

I know that this is 2022 and we've been living in Batshit Crazy Universe n. 666 for a few years now, but even in this reality this whole Twitter/Musk drama and current mess is still mindblowingly batshit crazy. The limit does not exist.

I'm humbled before such levels of random chaos, Universe n.666, you've outdone yourself.

I know that this is 2022 and we've been living in Batshit Crazy Universe n. 666 for a few years now, but even in this reality this whole Twitter/Musk drama and current mess is still mindblowingly batshit crazy. The limit does not exist.

I'm humbled before such levels of random chaos, Universe n.666, you've outdone yourself.
I see his behaviour as smoke a mirrors while buying himself time. It’s clear he had an idea for twitter and realized it wouldn’t work once he signed the papers and got access to what’s going on inside. He tried to mission and eject the acquisition. He could not. So he’s got no plan, he’s got too big a cost. And no revenue. So he just slashing everything down, to give himself runway. Then, just doing bats hit crazy stuff to smoke and mirrors the reality that he has no plan.

So this bird is on the way to death

I see his behaviour as smoke a mirrors while buying himself time. It’s clear he had an idea for twitter and realized it wouldn’t work once he signed the papers and got access to what’s going on inside. He tried to mission and eject the acquisition. He could not. So he’s got no plan, he’s got too big a cost. And no revenue. So he just slashing everything down, to give himself runway. Then, just doing bats hit crazy stuff to smoke and mirrors the reality that he has no plan.

You know that feeling when you wake up and read your email and see that you've internet-drunk-bought something expensive that seemed like a good idea at the time?

Then you panic and try to figure out how to explain it to your wife. But that it's fine, it'll all work out! We need it anyway and it'll look great in the lobby!

It turns out that it's the wrong colour, your wife hates it, your dogs hate it and keep pissing on it.

That's where Musk is right now. He really needs to keep his credit card and special herbal tobacco in different rooms.

Also, to he needs to stop fucking with other peoples lives.

Jonathan Blow, the dev of Braid and Witness, who is famous for making very scolding and apocaliptic analysis of the current state of the software industry, like for example that companies like twitter are absurdly over-staffed, tipped me off to a podcast he hears to keep tabs on the finantial status of the software industry: All-In.

They are the typicall investor yuppies with a pretty sheltered and dispassionate view of the world, but it is good to see what their class opinions are, and what their insider knoledge on the state of the industry is at.
In the very first podcast I heard by them, they admited to be in talks with musk as consultants. They are admant that modern tech companies have no choice but to restructure completely and massively reduce their spenditures and become more profitable. It seems the tech bubble (dot com bubble 2.0 if you will) has definetelly burst this year. Investors are not keeping unprofitable tech startups afloat indefinetly anymore.

Understanding that context, I kind of see what Musk is trying to do. He thought he was gonna barge into twitter and be ahead of the industry by being the entrepreneur to "right the ship" of a traditional big tech company the fastest than anyone else, and he's got investor buddies cheering him on all along. The problem is his arrogance and abrasive antics made him go about it so clumsily that he could very well be tipping the ship over completely and sinking for good. For a guy that seems to care a lot about his public persona and "genius" status, I suspect such a blow to his ego would have lasting effects on his behavior from then on.

Here is the pod in question:

Last edited:
I predict more lawsuits in Twitters future, specifically around layoffs of positions that are immediately listed as open jobs -- wrongful termination.

Having gutted Twitter's staff, Elon Musk told remaining employees he plans to hire new engineers and salespeople, The Verge reported Monday. "During an all-hands meeting with Twitter employees today, Musk said that the company is done with layoffs and actively recruiting for roles in engineering and sales and that employees are encouraged to make referrals, according to two people who attended and a partial recording obtained by The Verge," the report said.

Elon Musk declined to pay the travel invoices Twitter had clocked up before his takeover, The New York Times reported on Tuesday.

Current and former Twitter staff told The Times that executives at the company racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel invoices before the billionaire's acquisition in late October. Twitter was planning to pay these invoices, the people told the publication.

However, when Musk became the owner of Twitter, he refused to pay off these bills, the former and current employees told The Times. Those working for the billionaire said Twitter's previous management authorized the travel charges, not Musk, the people added.

Twitter is really something. Basically these kind of train wreck usually took years, slowly, and happens on different companies.

But on Twitter the train wreck is on light speed, and in 1 company

Some activists who attended the meeting tweeted to confirm that they never made such a deal with Musk, including Free Press co-CEO Jessica Gonzalez, who helped drive a #StopToxicTwitter coalition pressuring Twitter's top 20 advertisers to boycott the platform.

“Not sure who Musk is talking about here, but I met with him a few weeks ago with civil rights leaders, and I also co-lead the #StopToxicTwitter coalition that is calling on advertisers to pause ads until he rights the ship,” Gonzalez tweeted. “I never made any such deal.”

NAACP President Derrick Johnson backed Gonzalez in his own tweet denying activists made a deal with Musk.

“We would never make such a deal,” Johnson tweeted. “Democracy always comes first. The decisions being made at Twitter are dangerous, and it is our duty, as it has been since our founding, to speak out against threats to our democracy. Hate speech and violent conspiracies can have no safe harbor.”

Back