Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

iirc he want twitter to become wechat.

He used to talk about how he was disapointed PayPall never turned into a full blown bank when he still owned it. I think he never fully dropped that idea.

He really is dead-set into owning and controlling fundamental parts of society's infra-structure, from transportation, to energy, social media, and now Moneeeeee.

I hope, for the sake of humanity, his banking efforts are as successful as his twitter ones.

He was a wake up call for most regular people of why centralized huge monopolistic platforms are a great social vulnerability. Is he gonna do the same for banking now? One can only dream.

Last edited:
btw the tweet about the free insulin plummeting the company's stock is funny and tragic at the same time.
It amusingly demonstrated how the economy is designed to bet against the health of those that need it because profits and health are not necessarily positively correlated by quite often the opposite.
On the other hand keeping the price high for insulin is an incentive to invest since it is a necessity, a product with inelastic demand

The reason for the stock drop was not that tweet. It was them announcing bad news earlier about settling lawsuits.

Though I do agree that artificially high prices for essential products need a real solution.

Fingers crossed Musk has enough money to buy Tiktok.
I was talking with a psychotherapist and he said that social media are literally a drug, a mass addiction entering the list of other mental conditions. It has all the symptoms of a cocaine addict.
They do more harm that good. They are designed to rip you off of your life and attention and keep you glued on them as much as possible.
We call them social but they are doing the opposite of being socially active.

SpaceX spontaneously decided to buy $250,000 in advertisements on Twitter.
See? We don't need the ads selling department.

Probably because he said tesla didn't do advertising, so he can't make tesla do ads on twit 🤣

Probably neural ink and boring Co next

Back