Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

If you want a fancy blue check mark your going to have to pay for it. don't see an issue there. If people are so desperate to have a blue check mark and have their twitter audiance retweet them that they will throw a temper tantrum like a child then they can part with $8 to continue feeling important.
That blue mark will also be misused by troll farms in Russia for instance to give some credibility to the account. And of course for propaganda of political parties.

If there's one thing I learned in my years of foruming it's that selective enforcement is a great key to community success, it's like a bedrock principle that users love and respect!

Probably elok thinks that other platforms like YouTube and Facebook also did selective enforcement. So he is simply joining.

Forgetting that those platforms selective enforcement are doing the opposite of what musk did. They selectively whitelist / allows big names to break some rules.

That blue mark will also be misused by troll farms in Russia for instance to give some credibility to the account. And of course for propaganda of political parties.

oh you really think someone who spends much more on hiring people to troll can afford 8 usd? thats just too high of a hurdle, man!

Probably elok thinks that other platforms like YouTube and Facebook also did selective enforcement. So he is simply joining.

Forgetting that those platforms selective enforcement are doing the opposite of what musk did. They selectively whitelist / allows big names to break some rules.

So just want to confirm that you three believe that Russia troll farms will not only pay to get hundreds or thousands of accounts verified but that twitter will just blindly let all those Russia troll accounts through ?

That's what Musk appeared to think when he was trying to bully the share price down...

I suspect we'll never discover the truth, one way or the other.
I don't recall him ever believing that Russia would pay to verify troll accounts.

I recall him saying that there were tons of troll accounts and bots but not that they were verified

So just want to confirm that you three believe that Russia troll farms will not only pay to get hundreds or thousands of accounts verified but that twitter will just blindly let all those Russia troll accounts through ?
Yes, I do. That will obviously be much more subtle than basic trolling. I'm sure Prigozhin (you know the one who recently admitted manipulating the elections in "Free" America?) can't stop his priapism and can't stop laughing at the shitstorm that will hit Twitter, but with a blue mark.

And why do you focus on Russian trolls? I also talked about politics propagandists that have nothing to say but lies, but with a blue mark.

Do you really think Musk will have the option to refuse millions of dollars each month for fake accounts? I'm not sure he will.

The antisemitic racist Whoopie
Uhm, source? I don't think she's an antisemitic racist or else you really don't understand what one is.
I don't recall him ever believing that Russia would pay to verify troll accounts.

I recall him saying that there were tons of troll accounts and bots but not that they were verified
So you think the $8/mos fee will stop or slow down the propaganda bots? The ones Russia is dumping millions in to?

Srsly?!?

Yes, I do. That will obviously be much more subtle than basic trolling. I'm sure Prigozhin (you know the one who recently admitted manipulating the elections in "Free" America?) can't stop his priapism and can't stop laughing at the shitstorm that will hit Twitter, but with a blue mark.

And why do you focus on Russian trolls? I also talked about politics propagandists that have nothing to say but lies, but with a blue mark.

Do you really think Musk will have the option to refuse millions of dollars each month for fake accounts? I'm not sure he will.

If you want to talk about manipulating elections there is enough of that here in America. Also you named Russia so I responded.

Uhm, source? I don't think she's an antisemitic racist or else you really don't understand what one is.

So you think the $8/mos fee will stop or slow down the propaganda bots? The ones Russia is dumping millions in to?

Srsly?!?

The hosts of the views are pretty horrible, another one just called white female republicans roaches.

Also I don't think $8 a month for blue check marks will slow down the bots on their own. But I think that and boosting blue check marks in the search will weigh down all the free bot accounts.

The hosts of the views are pretty horrible, another one just called white female republicans roaches.
Here's a readable form of what I assume is in the video you posted, I assume your claiming she's antisemitic because she said that the holocaust wasn't racist it was white on white genocide. I find your definition a little offensive, I still have trouble debating if Judaism is a race or a religion. I find it laughable that one comment would define your opinion of a black jewish lady as an antisemitic racist. I ain't saying what Whoopi said was right, but it's not anywhere near as racist as Trump is on any day ending in a "y".

Also I don't think $8 a month for blue check marks will slow down the bots on their own. But I think that and boosting blue check marks in the search will weigh down all the free bot accounts.
Do you really think people that are paying other people to make fake accounts are even going to blink at an $8 charge to add legitimacy to their propaganda? If so I have a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale for cheap that I'll give you the very first opportunity to buy.

DO IT YOU COWARD!

That's right, the latest reports emerging from Camp Twitter are that Musk has plans to charge everyone to use it. A monthly subscription fee not just for people who want to be verified under the new Twitter Blue plans, but for everyone who wants to remain on Twitter. That's according to Platformer which has been speaking with people who have managed to keep their jobs at Twitter despite the mass layoffs.

Here's a readable form of what I assume is in the video you posted, I assume your claiming she's antisemitic because she said that the holocaust wasn't racist it was white on white genocide. I find your definition a little offensive, I still have trouble debating if Judaism is a race or a religion. I find it laughable that one comment would define your opinion of a black jewish lady as an antisemitic racist. I ain't saying what Whoopi said was right, but it's not anywhere near as racist as Trump is on any day ending in a "y".

Do you really think people that are paying other people to make fake accounts are even going to blink at an $8 charge to add legitimacy to their propaganda? If so I have a bridge in Brooklyn up for sale for cheap that I'll give you the very first opportunity to buy.

When you assume you simply make an ass out of yourself. PBS did a great job with a great interview of a jewish scholar who can break down some of what you aren't understanding. While there are some jewish people who are white passing the jewish people are themselves are not considered white and do not see themselves as white. I even provided the video for you.

Yes there are plenty of people who are managing hundreds if not thousands of bot accounts that. I think a monthly bill into the thousand or tens of thousands and beyond would limit their effectiveness

You can go a step further and and filter by region giving different countries different markings to show where they originate from. Yes of course some will be able to hide their location but the more hoops they have to jump through the better.

DO IT YOU COWARD!

I think that would limit reach.

I do wonder if they keep current twitter accounts read only or x amount of posts a month and then introduce a $1 or $2 fee for unlimited texts.

Or perhaps this will wait until they add the video portion to the site ?

Surprise, Twitter, there’s apparently no blocking Elon

Incredulous Twitter users are coming out of the woodwork claiming that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Tweeted, aka Elon Musk, is unblocking himself from thousands of accounts.

No.

"When you assume you make an ass out of you and me!" - Felix, "The Odd Couple"
He explained it by writing the word on a chalkboard and seperating the letters like so, ASS/U/ME.

Let's hope this doesn't affect his car company!

View attachment 7477
I know the original saying. I just modified it to fit our situation

If you are worried about Tesla you should just map its performance to the rest of the market. It's not far off the other tech companies. Isn't meta now worth less than home depot

If you are worried about Tesla you should just map its performance to the rest of the market. It's not far off the other tech companies. Isn't meta now worth less than home depot
I'm not worried about Tesla, more like schadenfreudish. Meta has been throwing away money just trying to die on their metaverse, I don't expect them to make it through next year anymore than I expect Twitter to.

Elon Musk has a glass ego, and watching it get shattered repeatedly and his fun antics at it breaking are just amusing the bejeebus out of me tbh. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :yes:

On a related note, Meta just announced the layoffs will start tomorrow morning. I told you Yuckberg was jealous of Musk!

Zuckerberg appeared downcast in Tuesday's meeting and said he was accountable for the company's missteps and his overoptimism about growth had led to overstaffing, the report added, citing people familiar with the matter.

He described broad cuts and specifically mentioned the recruiting and business teams as among those facing layoffs, the report said, adding an internal announcement of the company's layoff plans is expected around 6 a.m. Eastern time on Wednesday.

Back