Musk bought Twitter, what hasn't gone wrong?

For reference: Lou Paskalis is the COO of MMA Global, an international marketing company that works with such high profile companies as Anheuser-Busch, McDonald's, Yum! Brands, WalMart, Ford, Pandora, Bank of America, Hilton, Meta, T-Mobile, and many many many more.

The advertisment model is the problem. You cant have the same platform both be a place of no compromise intellectual discussion where avan-gard revolutionaries discuss possible opressive governemnt overthrowing shemes, and its also McDonalds.

So the Verification is just a subscriber paywall stamp now, instead of an actual verification of the person/business?

You can't make this stuff up...

• Some Twitter staff said the company has asked them to come back to work after the mass layoffs.
  • Insider sources indicate that Twitter contacted at least five people about a return to work.
  • Insider surveyed the Blind app, where one user said he'd been told to "come back Saturday morning."
Elon Musk's quest to lay off about half of Twitter's workforce may not be going entirely according to plan.

The company has already asked some Tweeps to return, according to posts on the Blind app and Insider sources, including one who also shared a screenshot of confirmation from a Twitter employee.

A person familiar with the matter, who asked not to be named to protect others' identities, told Insider that five employees had been invited back: "These individuals are essential for Twitter's ecosystem to function. Goons quickly realized and are asking them back."

One of the sources said that a worker who Twitter asked to return rejected the offer because they felt "used, and think they will be fired again soon."

I find it highly doubtful that Elon himself sat down with a list of employees and their titles/responsibilities and decided who would be let go. Likely middle management had to determine who was critical for continued business operations and who was employed in ancillary positions like marketing, non-critical operations, accounting, PR, low-level IT etc.

I find it highly doubtful that Elon himself sat down with a list of employees and their titles/responsibilities and decided who would be let go. Likely middle management had to determine who was critical for continued business operations and who was employed in ancillary positions like marketing, non-critical operations, accounting, PR, low-level IT etc.
I find it totally believable that Musk just picked different letters of the alphabet and told them to fire people who's names started with those letters until he hit his quota, true story.

I assume that Managers had to put a ranked listing of employees in their department and then folks outside of it drew the actual cutoff line. I imagine many managers tried to push for more being kept but the arguments fell on deaf ears. It was likely someone from HR or Efficiency Expert Consultants that made the actual decisions on where the line was at. Afterwards they found out how much actually wouldn't be functional and thus got special go-ahead to try to bring some people back.

I've seen this exact thing play out when a company was sold or acquired. Needless to say, many were able to push things so they kept their full severance packages and were contracted out at contractor rates (easily 2x to 3x the old salary) for the next few years.

I hear that Bloodhounds Gang tune now everytime I hear more Musk/Twitter news. Just the chorus: "The roof. The roof. The roof is on fire." :ROFLMAO:

To be fair, that fuckery went wrong before Musk (and it's been pointed out before). I's an amusing, giant, gaping hole in the whole verification program (as it was).
Fair, but I'm still gonna laugh at the Chief Twat about it and how he's dealing with it. ;)

Is this just because someone’s impersonating him or because advertisers are spooked that anyone can blue dot TwizzIers (capital i, you sans serif suckers) and mock licorice?

Back