Muse

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Anyone listens to them?

Just got Black Holes & Revelations and... wow... just... wow...

Really, for me to start a thread about a rock group is quite an amazing feat. They were my favourite band before, and now i'd marry them. Platonically.

Aye, they're not bad but a touch 'up their own arses' at times (© Radiohead 2000-2006).

I haven't heard much of the BH&R album, other than radio airplay - must write it on my list for Santa (aka, the missus)...

I haven't heard much of the BH&R album, other than radio airplay - must write it on my list for Santa (aka, the missus)...

Well the first impression that came to my mind is "this is so gay! FABULOUS!"...

Take that as you wish. I'd describe it as electric at times, as in the style of music. More than usual.

Just got into them (like literally 3 days ago). Wow, some amazing stuff in BH&R. Heard Hysteria from a previous album of theirs as well. Pretty awesome too.

Just got into them (like literally 3 days ago). Wow, some amazing stuff in BH&R. Heard Hysteria from a previous album of theirs as well. Pretty awesome too.

Try to get the other albums, they are just amazing. The whole things are bliss from beginning to end.

Has their sound changed much since 'Showbiz'? I liked most of that, but pretty much only bought it to perform an exorcism of 'Unintended' which got a ridiculous amount of airtime around here and got stuck in my head sometime six years ago. The later albums I have only heard in passing, perhaps because I don’t listen to the radio as much as I used to.

I really hadn't listened to Muse much unti I read about them in these very forums some year or two ago, I think it was by l-b then too.

Like them a lot, some of the most beautiful and passionate music of today.

Haven't hear of theire latest album yet, other than some airplay of couple of the singles.

Their live DVD's are virtually impossible to find, are there other live DVD's than Hullabaloo (which isn't in any of the shops here either)?

Well the first impression that came to my mind is "this is so gay! FABULOUS!"...

Do you mean that?? I only ask because I regularly lecture my gf about how her musical taste sucks and during the course of one of these diatribes Muse came up; she likes them, I'm indifferent. She said that "I think generally they're more favoured by girl's boys". (Incidentally, not saying that if you like Muse you're feminine OR that gay = feminine.) I really can't see where that comment came from although I'm not too familiar with their stuff...

Try to get the other albums, they are just amazing. The whole things are bliss from beginning to end.

Nah, Bliss is on only one of the albums. ;)

Anyway, I love this band. Not always, but often. I saw a life rendition of that song with the classical piano in the middle, and it, well, just totally and literally *rocked*. It's been a while since I had that experience. For reference, I listen to nearly everything in every genre, and this just stood out. A friend of mine described the use of classical themes in rock songs as a bit gimmicky, which is probably true, but they really pull it off in a way that many heavy metal bands never really managed.

Lately, my favorite internet radio station Radio Paradise has picked up on one of the Muse songs from the new album. I think I'll have to check it out.

Has their sound changed much since 'Showbiz'? I liked most of that, but pretty much only bought it to perform an exorcism of 'Unintended' which got a ridiculous amount of airtime around here and got stuck in my head sometime six years ago. The later albums I have only heard in passing, perhaps because I don’t listen to the radio as much as I used to.

Yeah i'd say the last album is quite different from the other ones, but still totally Muse! Not sure what it is, at one point i was doing my thing here with the album playing in the background and a track kinda sounded like house music (electro kind of hard house, in case u're panicking!) for a little bit and i thought somehow my PC changed the playlist or something on its own...

Some tracks are still the same as before, but i prefer the newer stuff, much more... not sure, i just like them.

Oh and another track is a total rip off of Marilyn Manson. Seriously.

I really hadn't listened to Muse much unti I read about them in these very forums some year or two ago, I think it was by l-b then too.

Like them a lot, some of the most beautiful and passionate music of today.

Haven't hear of theire latest album yet, other than some airplay of couple of the singles.

Their live DVD's are virtually impossible to find, are there other live DVD's than Hullabaloo (which isn't in any of the shops here either)?

I have Hullabaloo, really amazing. And i downloaded some concerts they have done. Always amazing. Matt's voice is unreal, and he is one hell of a musician, whether you like him or not. Great pianist and guitarist and he just knows music. Especially compared to people in the same market.

Do you mean that?? I only ask because I regularly lecture my gf about how her musical taste sucks and during the course of one of these diatribes Muse came up; she likes them, I'm indifferent. She said that "I think generally they're more favoured by girl's boys". (Incidentally, not saying that if you like Muse you're feminine OR that gay = feminine.) I really can't see where that comment came from although I'm not too familiar with their stuff...

I was serious, yeah. I always found them quite gay, and this one just confirmed my feelings :LOL: Not sure what it is, might be Matt's voice, might be how well orchestrated the songs are, with classical themes... I don't know, my gaydar picks them up all the time. Though i'm sure they're all straight and having LOTS of sex with any willing girl that finds her way to their dressing rooms...

Back