Muse - The Resistance.

Citrous

Newcomer
Ok, I completely understand if the mods want to shuffle this into the "what are you listening to now thread."

That said, I feel this album is worthy of it's own thread. Has anyone else really dug into this album? The track list alone speaks volumes; when you dive into the lyrics it just gets even more compelling. A lot of it gets pretty esoteric(maybe this belongs in RPSC, lol I'm sure if it truly does it will end up there shortly), but I haven't heard such lyric crafting... erm ever... before. Just wondering if I'm alone, or is anyone else picking up on the very thinly veiled themes here?

Mods feel free to move this as you please, I was just hoping as many people would see it as possible before it got buried somewhere else. =) My apologies if that seems a bit flippant, I really don't mean to be.

I thought the first single was from the "BBC Radiophonic Workshop" :p

Seriously though, it's not a bad track.

I bought and listened to it yesterday.. It's .. a bit different, up to a point where it might even sound a bit too poppy/overproduced but it's good to the ear, like a Soundtrack to movie that doesn't exist, but I want to see now.

I love Muse, but so far I only heard the first single from this record. It surely sounds promising and knowing Muse, I expect the rest to be as good or better.

It's not bad at all but I think Black Holes and Revelations was better overall.

I'm hoping they'll be one of the headline acts at Glasto next year. :)

Haha, My mom said the exact same thing about it sounding like a movie's backing track. I agree! I'm dying to catch a Muse show live at some point, that HAARP album blew me away.

I feel like they are presenting almost a textbook on metaphysical new age type beliefs in this album. A lot of their older work was building up to this imo, Knights of Cydonia has lyrics that would be very fitting as a precursor to this album (surprise surprise lol). But if read almost as an epic poem, it paints the tale of a choice humanity is about to face.

well... 'someone' is going to see them for free, VIP and all, and after party too, this friday....:cool:

oh... hey guys! haven't been around for years, literally!

I'm jealous. I love Muse. How'd you get in for free?!?

Welcome back. Welcome back indeed.

Lb? Wow. Blast from the past. As for the Muse track, love it. It has a very retro sound mixed up with dr who. The rest of the album is great so far too. Hints of queen IMHO.

Exogenesis Part 1 (Overture) actually reminded me a lot of the Ascendancy soundtrack ;)

Back