Multiple attacks kill atleast 80 in Mumbai

I like how you justify terrorism against India. Maybe you should now start justifying 9-11 and 7-7 also?

The root cause isn't Kashmir. The root cause is ISI which simply can't stand peace. Merely saying "somebody must look here and make compromises" doesn't cut it dude. There can be no peace and no peaceful resolution of ANY issue t unless sane people are in charge and can stand the idea of innocents living peacefully.

The root cause isn't Kashmir. The root cause is ISI which simply can't stand peace. Merely saying "somebody must look here and make compromises" doesn't cut it dude. There can be no peace and no peaceful resolution of ANY issue t unless sane people are in charge and can stand the idea of innocents living peacefully.

I'm just gonna say this to provoke a response...

And if guerilla/military (and unfortunately terrorist acts) didn't happen do you think the Indian Gov. would have any reason at all to even discuss the issues in Kashmir?

And if guerilla/military (and unfortunately terrorist acts) didn't happen do you think the Indian Gov. would have any reason at all to even discuss the issues in Kashmir?

Yes. India is a working democracy. An imperfect one, surely, but a working one. Govt takes time to fix issues but they do fix them in the long term. And in case you didn't know, elections for state govt recently (week or so ago) concluded in Kashmir with ~ 62% turnout.

All the separatists are ruing that they don't have a finger on the pulse of the people.

Any way, that is derailing the thread. If you want to discuss this, please make a new thread. In an attempt to refocus this thread, I am going to repeat a few things. 180 odd people (of various nationalitites and of course Indian) have been killed in Mumbai by terrorists in several places. They entered into hotels, cafes and shot at random and held a country to siege for ~60 hours.

ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency has orchestrated these attacks and now it is refusing to handover the suspects. In case anybody has forgotten, Taliban also refused to handover OBL after 9/11. If anybody wants proof, I suggest they start reading Indian newspapers more carefully. The amount of evidence collected is staggering. That is without the lone gunman who was captured alive and is now singing like a canary in jail.

Yes. India is a working democracy. An imperfect one, surely, but a working one. Govt takes time to fix issues but they do fix them in the long term. And in case you didn't know, elections for state govt recently (week or so ago) concluded in Kashmir with ~ 62% turnout.

All the separatists are ruing that they don't have a finger on the pulse of the people.

Right, but independence was in... what? 1947? How much longer will self-determination for Kashmiris take? And thanks for the steer on the elections. This is the first hit I found with the Google search December 2008 Kashmir elections.

I'm not fully aware of the issues in Assam of elsewhere in Indian states but, personally, I think the Indian leadership should be taking a softly, softly holistic approach. Victory through better living. I swear a burgeoning economy would/should do wonders for Kashmiri's perceptions.

Any way, that is derailing the thread. If you want to discuss this, please make a new thread. In an attempt to refocus this thread, I am going to repeat a few things. 180 odd people (of various nationalitites and of course Indian) have been killed in Mumbai by terrorists in several places. They entered into hotels, cafes and shot at random and held a country to siege for ~60 hours.

ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency has orchestrated these attacks and now it is refusing to handover the suspects. In case anybody has forgotten, Taliban also refused to handover OBL after 9/11. If anybody wants proof, I suggest they start reading Indian newspapers more carefully. The amount of evidence collected is staggering. That is without the lone gunman who was captured alive and is now singing like a canary in jail.

Not derailing, surely? Kashmir is intrinsically linked to the awful actions in Mumbai. As for ISI, they're undoubtedly involved. But at a guess I'd say it'd be elements of ISI rather than ISI whole. After all, a head of an Intelligence Agency regularly meets with a country's leader. That sort of subtefuge is... well, like something from a novel.

Cheers.

Back