[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I guess....and another funny thing is that they got the persian signs and alphabets all wrong. The alphabets are supposed to be connected to each other in cursive just like arabic, but in the game they are all seperate. For example the name Tehran would be written as ت ه ر ا ن instead of تهران which is the correct way.

Small things I know, and most wont notice the difference at all but few people like me who do understand the language, its kinda an immersion breaker for them. Good thing they said that they are going to address this problem.
As bad an immersion breaker as giving NATO weapons to Russian troops, or putting ACOG and reflex sights on weapons carried by the Viet Cong? :LOL:

The game looks good. I think it may be time to move on from MAG (sick of the staggering incompetence of random players)...but I really wish this game had 32 instead of 24 players on the consoles.

As bad an immersion breaker as giving NATO weapons to Russian troops, or putting ACOG and reflex sights on weapons carried by the Viet Cong? :/

It depends from person to person as I said, the only reason why it is kind of an immersion breaker for me is cause I will notice the stupidity in writing.

All BF3 expansion packs, such as my beloved Back to Sharqui (yes I know) are going to be out on PS3 a week early. I have no idea if the later release is just the 360 or the PC aswell. link

I'm guessing that Sony will be jumping BF3 content to the top of the queue when it comes to their quality checking procedure. If so it might mean PC is out at the same time or even before PS3.

Access to beta is for the people who bought MOH?

EDIT: Without derailing the thread, can someone who is playing this on te sp3 tell me how it compares, graphics wise, to Crysis 2 on the ps3 ?

Apparently the 360 version has some framerate problems and doesn't look as nice as the PS3.
http://beefjack.com/news/battlefield-3-platform-comparison-ps3-vs-xbox-360-vs-pc/

PS3

While nowhere near as gorgeous as the PC version, the PlayStation 3 version of Battlefield 3 is the prettier of the console iterations. It’s very crisp, very smooth, and textures only appear slightly blurred when close up. Trees sway nicely in the breeze, although they do suffer from some pop-in when viewing them from a distance, which can be a little bit offputting.

There’s also some quite noticeable texture pop-in, which is a little unfortunate. But the water effects are beautiful, the lighting and shadow effects are extremely strong, and overall it’s a lovely-looking offering.
Xbox 360

Alas, it’s the weakest of the bunch. That isn’t to say it doesn’t look nice. Even on Xbox 360, the Frostbite 2.0 tech is strong. Unfortunately, there was some noticeable framerate stuttering in larger outdoor areas during my time with the game. That’s the biggest hurdle Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 will have to overcome before release, lest it be a little annoying.

Lighting and shadows, as well as reflections, are decent but not quite as strong as the PlayStation 3′s, and nowhere near the level of the PC. There’s some foliage pop-in as well, along the lines of that in the PS3 version. Interestingly, texture pop-in seemed to be almost entirely absent, although said textures are markedly lower-res – disappointingly blurry when up close, in fact.

How big is the beta download on PS3 vs 360?

Strange if true. I don't recall BC2 running poorly on the 360, and it seems odd that DICE would make a new engine/assets that would choke the 360. Well see soon enough.

Strange if true. I don't recall BC2 running poorly on the 360, and it seems odd that DICE would make a new engine/assets that would choke the 360. Well see soon enough.

I think it has something to do with their full deferred setup (which is a first for a retail game on 360) and the fact that they seem to have put a lot of work into the PS3 version, tailoring the renderer to the PS3's strengths (unlike most MP engines -including Frosbite 1) with things like SPU shading etc.

So it might well be possible that the 360 could have difficulty keeping up with the PS3 if their renderer relies heavily on SPU utilisation (which it seems to, unlike say Crysis 2)

I hope Digital Foundry does a beta face off between the consoles (perhaps AIStrong knows)

Dice made it very clear that they were going to strategically align BF3 with the PS3 since CoD is synonymous with 360/Live. This shouldn't be surprising. The opposite would be the real shock.

Ultimately, wait for retail release and Digital Foundry.

yes... DLing mine now...

Rest of society gets it Thursday

Oh ! Ok , so the ps3 beta is open for all too? I thought it was only the PC bet which was open. Too bad, as most probably I will miss both of them as I am too busy this month. But I sure want to see how it looks like on the ps3 for future buying decisions.

Back