[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

Console versions are probably not yet optimized well enough to run at acceptable frame rates...

... or have lower image/effect quality so showing PC stuff that has more bling makes for better advertising :)

ps3-1.jpg

ps3-2.jpg

If this game doesn't make people switch to pc gaming, then nothing ever will.

I just cant be bothered to have a PC for just gaming and keeping up with the hardware components hardware arms race.

So I stick with consoles :)

Dice really did step its game up! Most significant to me are the first person animations,they really add so much to the game giving much more realistic feel,lighting is also a huge upgrade from BC2:mrgreen:

I just cant be bothered to have a PC for just gaming and keeping up with the hardware components hardware arms race.

So I stick with consoles :)

No problems with the hardware arms race
(team ati for life:rolleyes:)
But most of my friends play on console so that is my biggest reason i game on consoles.

Dice really did step its game up! Most significant to me are the first person animations,they really add so much to the game giving much more realistic feel,lighting is also a huge upgrade from BC2:mrgreen:

Yap... very happy to see a third party push their limits. :love:

When's the release date btw ?

They're taking the opposite route from Cryek. Show the best footage possible at all times instead of gimped console graphics.

I like this approach :devilish:

Are you suggesting that PS3 is not gimped while X360 is? As they have shown PS3 footage...

They're taking the opposite route from Cryek. Show the best footage possible at all times instead of gimped console graphics.

I like this approach :devilish:

Makes it rather silly all the compliments the game gets on it's visuals though. Hey, game on 10X more powerful system looks good, news at 11.

Like hey, Dice is winning a marathon against a bunch of 1 legged people.

I think the expectation is it will look at least 80% so good on consoles. If they deliver then they will deserve the praise.

Sad no e3 console footage either, game is 5 months away.

Why they still show PC footage?

2414844.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you suggesting that PS3 is not gimped while X360 is? As they have shown PS3 footage...

I think it's likely that the PS3 will be the better looking of the two versions given their SPU shading system and what DICE have hinted at or said.

The PS3 version is using MLAA now, right?, not SRAA - is the 360 still using SRAA or have they gone with temporal or no AA at all.

Back