Movies you would like to see made.

I would like to see a good version of "Nightfall" done. There have just been some dreadful bludgeonings of Asimov's classic, and there needs to be something done to clean up it's name a little. Not to pidgeonhole him too much, but I think Danny Boyle, based on 28 Days Later, could probably handle it.

Alan Dean Foster's Flinx & Pip series; Mindkiller, Tar-Aiym Krang, For Love of Mother Not, The End of the Matter, etc.

I always thought that would make a killer movie series, but there was never any way to do Pip before now. (Pip=Flinx's Alaspin mini-dragon, a flying snake that spits this nasty corrosive poison and aims for the eyes)

Either that or I think the Vlad Taltos series would be another excellent one.

Alejux said:
I think "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelasny would make a kickass movie.
I always thought his "Nine Princes in Amber" series would be better, or even "My Name is Legion".

What was that other one where he had the pills and kept giving himself his memory back bit by bit, "Today We Choose Faces"? That one too.

EDITED BITS: And I want a movie based on Dave Sim's "Cerebus the Aardvark" too! ;)

I think there's a stack of games which could be made into great movies.

Half Life would be a cool movie/mini series, particularly given the fuzziness of the story in the sequel (is freeman really travelling through parallel universes? that could lead to some awesome stories)

Halo to fill my Sci-Fi thang

Panzer Dragoon series movie

Also am surprised that they haven't made any of Douglas Coupland's books into movies yet. Girlfriend in a Coma would make a great movie if well cast. (and the soundtrack would make itself!)

ricercar said:
"Childhood's End," by Arthur Clark.

Yes! I remember when I read it, I immediately thought that this would be a great film. I was something like 15 at the time though, maybe I should re-read it.

Most other ACC's books would also be great, as long as they are done without too much Hollywood stupidity. In the 2001 style. Even 2010 was acceptable.

"Ringworld" and "Ringworld Engineers" by Larry Niven.

"Only Forward" by Michael Marshall Smith.

"Night's Dawn Triliogy" (needs a mini-series), and "Mindstar Trilogy" by Peter F Hamilton .

"Altered Carbon", "Broken Angels" and "Woken Furies" by Richard Morgan.

Most of Alistair Reynolds books.

Of course these are all great books, but I doubt Hollywood could make them into films without ruining the essence of what makes them great.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Of course these are all great books, but I doubt Hollywood could make them into films without ruining the essence of what makes them great.

You mean just like with any other book? ;)

digitalwanderer said:
Alejux said:
I think "Lord of Light" by Roger Zelasny would make a kickass movie.
I always thought his "Nine Princes in Amber" series would be better, or even "My Name is Legion".

What was that other one where he had the pills and kept giving himself his memory back bit by bit, "Today We Choose Faces"? That one too.

The problem with Amber, it's that it has no value unless you view the work as a whole. And that is just too big to fit in a movie (or three). But Lord of Light is small, self-contained and IMO has a very movie-like narrative.

Never read the other two.

EDITED BITS: And I want a movie based on Dave Sim's "Cerebus the Aardvark" too! ;)

Yeah. Vin Diesel would make a great Cerebus.

As long as there's this string of comic book characters coming out in movie form -- I gotta say Green Lantern. As long as it's done in such a way that they don't completely waste his power and resort exclusively to stuff that's so simple and basic. Part of the whole attraction to the character is just how versatile that ability can get.

Memnoch the Devil, strangely enough with Tom Cruise as Lestat (he was actually quite good in Interview with the Vampire)...

OR

A huge budget/blockbuster movie based on Rifts, with a plot that centres around a Coalition officer... preferably played by Colin Farrel!

:)<S~~

Read my mind :D

The first thing they'll cut is the incredibly sexy voice of the puppeteers, and next is rishing. :rolleyes: ;)

Hm... what about Ringworld Throne and Children? I haven't read Children myself, but I thought Throne was still good.

Alstrong said:

Read my mind :D

The first thing they'll cut is the incredibly sexy voice of the puppeteers, and next is rishing. :rolleyes: ;)

Hm... what about Ringworld Throne and Children? I haven't read Children myself, but I thought Throne was still good.

I thought "Throne" was surplus to requirements and mostly average. I haven't read "Children", but it's been getting average reviews.

Legend by Gemmell would be a good project for something like WETA; the story would need some tweaking though as various aspects of it (especially the crap ending) wouldn't translate particularly well to screen.

On the fantasy subject, Wheel of Time could possibly work - but again, it would need (just like the books do) some major editing to remove the detritus. The Silmarillion would work nicely as a mini-series, probably best as an animated feature; the same could apply to Vance's Lyonesse.

I would like to see green lantern staring Kyle rayner . I would love to see the guy from entourage . Believe his name is Adrian Grenier play kyle .I think he would be a good kyle

Back