Movie Reviews 2.0

Red Dwarf a timeless classic, that show has to be in top 10 TV shows of all time.

I watched a timetravel film the other day
Time Lapse (2014) 6/10
not a plot hole but you one of the dumbest decisions ever made, OK they can see into the future so lets exploit this and make some money, but how can we do this?

1/ We can either buy a multimillion dollar winning lottery ticket
2/ Place sport bets with your local gangster (*), after all hes not gonna get suspicious if you pick every single winner multiple days in a row, and you can win a whole $30,000

Of course they went with option 2

(*)This is set in the USA so sports betting is illegal in most states, so they have to use a dodgy bookmaker

"The Tomorrow War", ugh. As far as time travel movies go it makes just a tad more sense than Tenet, but then goes and mucks itself all up.

I'm still trying to figure out how many different universes/timestreams they'd have to have used for the movie to make any sense. I think 3, but it could be 4. Either way I gotta stretch my imagination to make it work and the people making the movie didn't put half as much effort into it as I did.

Great cast too, very disappointed with the story. :(

"The Tomorrow War", ugh. As far as time travel movies go it makes just a tad more sense than Tenet, but then goes and mucks itself all up.

I'm still trying to figure out how many different universes/timestreams they'd have to have used for the movie to make any sense. I think 3, but it could be 4. Either way I gotta stretch my imagination to make it work and the people making the movie didn't put half as much effort into it as I did.

Great cast too, very disappointed with the story. :(

They need to have some sort of comments about that, like a Steins Gate worldline measurement to show the impact the actions have.

Tomorrow War was hilariously bad for a while, then it got embarrassing and in the end I was so happy it was over. Probably best watched not sober.
Black Widow was actually notably better than I expected. Some genre-crossing and plot borrowing from not so unexpected sources, a couple of cringe moments, but overall quite enjoyable.

Black Widow was actually notably better than I expected. Some genre-crossing and plot borrowing from not so unexpected sources, a couple of cringe moments, but overall quite enjoyable.
The worst part of it for me was the car chase when they were being pursued by an APC that handled like a Lamborghini and just drove through all traffic without any change to momentum. Aside from that and a couple of other little things I gotta agree it was a fun movie well worth the watch. :)

It just happened that the night before I Introduced Terminator 3 to my son - the T-X chooses a giant mobile crane of all possible vehicles to pursue the heros and drives through the city with the crane tilted sideways perpendicularly, mowing down all the buildings and vehicles that come by. Also the little Toyota pickup of the protagonists bumps at least a dozen other vehicles efforlessly out of the way without much visible damage. So compared to that the Black Widow chase was pretty standard stuff.

But yeah, both chases triggered lots of amused comments...

I've tried watching the Terminator 3+ movies, I've not been able to make my way through one without falling asleep.

Watched Black Widow on Thursday - first time at the cinema in about 18 months. All in all a fun movie (deposit brain in popcorn bag on entry), it would be a bit of a shame if there wasn't another one.

I wasn't a fan of ScarJo early in her career but she's really grown on me over the past years. I guess it's as much about the roles she's had.

As for Florence Pugh, well well.

All in all a fun movie (deposit brain in popcorn bag on entry), i

can confirm. brain turned off and the action scenes are rather fun despite it got lots of cuts (i think the raid 1 and 2 spoiled me)

the rather long talking scenes that doesnt really add anything and boringly presented also a good time to do some pushups/situps/weight lifts if you are watching it from home.

I thought Florence Pugh did an awesome job as Yelena and brought a lot of comic relief. Glad she will be doing more work in future MCU stories.

David Harbour was incredibly funny too.

Just noticed this movie coming out next month. Never saw her(Mary Winstead) as an action person myself but this trailer has me excited to see the movie when it comes out.

Last edited:
Jungle Cruise was ok, not the best, most exciting movie but more along the lines of Jumanji which also had Dwayne Johnson acting in it. 6/10

F9 (Fast Furious 9) - Meh, more of the same. 5/10

A Quiet Place II - 8/10 - Although I thought the first was better in all aspects, it was nice to follow the family. The ending could've been better, seemed to be a disconnect at the end.

Cruella - 8.5/10 - I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Emma Stone was awesome in the role and Emma Thompson was a good arch enemy.

The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard - 6/10 - Acting wasn't top notch. Enjoyed Salma Hayek role in it but thought Samuel L Jackson and Ryan Reynolds were rather lackluster in theirs. Definitely not as good as the first.

Raya and the Last Dragon - 7.5/10 - I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Maybe a bit predictable but thought the overall story was all right at the end.

Suicide Squad 2021 far exceeded my expectations and was a fun and shocking romp, really enjoyed it. Very dark, very graphic, but very very funny at times.

Spider-Man: No Way Home trailer:

1.3 million likes, 14 million views in 5 hours! Btw, it looks awesome!!

Marvel has 5.4 million views on it's channel.

Does not look good for the movie. I'm sorry, but I just can't get into the movie when it's premise so wouldn't happen the way they showed it. There is no way
Dr Strange casts that spell. Ever. They should have had Wanda cast the spell. She'd do it in a hearbeat.

Back