Movie Reviews 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dresden, Jan 26, 2009.

1. BRiT

BRiT (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha Subscriber

Well I think, all that should happen from 'the being' created at the end of Guardians 2, but I dont know if they're saving them for a Guardians 3 movie instead of IW Wrapup.

2. London-boy

London-boy Shifty's daddy
    Legend Subscriber

They said they’re saving him for GOTG3 which is weird.

BRiT likes this.
  3. Sigfried1977

Veteran

Saw A Quiet Place.

While I didn't think it was quite the magnificent horror movie game changer (it was a little too easy to poke all sorts of holes into the film's logic for that), it was still a fantastic creature feature elevated by amazing performances. It was tense as hell and the creature-centric set pieces were all fantastic.

nutball, chris1515, Picao84 and 3 others like this.
  4. Malo

Malo YakTribe.games
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I wanted to see this at the cinema however the local ones have horrible sound bleed in really quiet scenes from adjacent movies. Given how quiet this movie is apparently, I didn't want to get frustrated.

5. Picao84

Veteran Regular

I loved it and the rest of the audience as well. Quite some people clapped at the end of it!

6. nutball

Veteran Subscriber

I saw that a few weeks ago. It was pretty good, though I found it a bit formulaic and button-pressy. Maybe that's the horror genre? I've not seen many.

That said it was well made and the acting was very good.

7. eloyc

Veteran Regular

Prometheus (Alien). A good movie, IMO. I like how the story was expanded and I expect to see the sequel of this prequel soon.

BTW, Welyand's makeup was horrible! It's even more jarring than seeing bad CGI, in a sense... In fact, sometimes I thought it was CGI. It was very obvious that it was a young actor playing an old man, both in the makeup (instead of a normal old man, it seemed an old man affected by a strange illness, or maybe a different species, such as an alien, duh) and in the movements (fake rigidness...). It didn't match the rest of the movie and effects.

pharma likes this.