Movie Reviews 2.0

Agreed. Especially if you're even mildly claustrophobic. That said, it wasn't rated that low really. 47 on Metacritic is pretty decent for a meat-and-potatoes horror film that's neither annoyingly artsy nor hell-bent on cramming some form of social critique down your throat.
Well, I visited Rotten Tomatoes, and the numbers were quite lower... :D

RT's rating system is rather weird, through. 100% simply means everyone must have enjoyed a film. Doesn't tell you how much, though. RT briefly had a video games section as well. It was quickly removed due to the fact that most games scored straight hundreds no matter how average they were.

Last edited:
Looks great! WTF is with the giant Atari?

It was there in the original

20_blade_runner_atari__1_.jpg

Among other popular brands at that time

The curse of blade runner adverts

A few days ago I watched Star Wars: A New Hope, and I could swear that Tarkin looked CGI. XD

It was so, so weird. It was like I knew about Tarkin in the last movie, so I got kind of paranoid of detecting CGI. Obviously, I know that it's not CGI in the first movie, but still it looked like it, to me.

A few days ago I watched Star Wars: A New Hope, and I could swear that Tarkin looked CGI. XD

It was so, so weird. It was like I knew about Tarkin in the last movie, so I got kind of paranoid of detecting CGI. Obviously, I know that it's not CGI in the first movie, but still it looked like it, to me.

Maybe he was CGI all along - scary

I'm not entirely confident I would have spotted CGI Tarkin if I hadn't known about the effects work beforehand. I thought it was pretty damn good. They certainly did a far more convincing job here than with Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. I also really enjoyed the film. Far more than The Force Awakens for sure. Best Star Wars robot ever

I'm not entirely confident I would have spotted CGI Tarkin if I hadn't known about the effects work beforehand. I thought it was pretty damn good. They certainly did a far more convincing job here than with Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy. I also really enjoyed the film. Far more than The Force Awakens for sure. Best Star Wars robot ever

I definitely saw it. And I had no idea that he was CGI beforehand, or even who the heck he actually was as I'm not a huge Star Wars fan.

Then again I was convinced that Kurt Russell in Guardians 2 was CGI, but he said that it was all very clever make up and lighting.... so go figure!

Weren't they designed with an expiry built-in so perhaps he was built without one?

Maybe, but don't think so. Roy has a lengthy conversation with Dr. Tyrell about extending the life of a replicant, so it appears Tyrell has spent quite a bit of work on extending replicant lifespan, to no avail; Also the Tyrell quote "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly, Roy".

Even if Tyrell could make long lifespan replicants, it doesn't explain why Deckard is one. He's created to take out the rouge Nexus 6s, and there is no point in him existing beyond that task. Rachel is another matter as she is based on Tyrell's niece and he would probably prefer her to be around for longer.

Cheers

Back