Movie Reviews 2.0

Many (most?) of the things they do in those suits would instantly turn the wearer into primordial soup no matter how invincible the armor plating is, so I dunno why that in particular seems off to you :)

Tony Stark is smart, but apparently not smart enough to realize the Iron Man suit should be a drone.

There are multiple examples of autonomous robot, robot/suit remote controlled by a person, robot/suit remote controlled by ai. So obviously it can be done. It just that Stark like to play hero.

So I saw Xmen Apocalypse last night. What can I say. Not as bad as BvS but really one of the worst Marvel things I've seen since, maybe, Xmen Last Stand. Good ending, some great moments, Quicksilver steals the show completely - again- but really all over the place.

Wasn't that iron man 3?

Maybe, but he's always in the suit flying around putting himself in danger, instead of sitting in his house in his underwear piloting the thing through a vr helmet. I mean, the guy can invent pretty much anything. Surely he can make something that allows him to not constantly get the stuffing beat out of him.

Surely he can make something that allows him to not constantly get the stuffing beat out of him.
The guy's a fictional super genius, of course he could. He has The Power of Script-Writer in the palm of his hand... :p Thing is, Movie Stark - I'm too unfamiliar with comic book Stark, it was decades since I read any Iron Man other than the Ultimates version so I really don't recall his character - is an egomaniac of huge proportions. It wouldn't fit very well with him sitting at home twiddling his thumbs while his suit does all the work.

Well, he tried just that in Iron Man 3. The remoted controlled suits were rather poorly built unfortunately. The Mark II managed to withstand a direct hit from a tank shell no problem. The remote controlled suit was undone by a heads-on collision with a truck.

There's also a matter of guilt. He still feels guilty for all the death and destruction he's caused, so he's off to fix as much as possible. Also, the series has always made clear that he tackles problems heads and hands on... Even when he should not.

Well, he tried just that in Iron Man 3. The remoted controlled suits were rather poorly built unfortunately. The Mark II managed to withstand a direct hit from a tank shell no problem. The remote controlled suit was undone by a heads-on collision with a truck.
Not to sound like one of those people, but even if an armour could 'withstand' a tank shell (did he even move? can't remember), Tony's body would probably have turned into something resembling Bolognese sauce. But hey, superheroes!!

If a suit of armor complete with integrated flight and multiple discrete weapons systems can fold up into an attache suitcase, I can imagine it allows the wearer to survive direct tank cannon hits as well. :p

The suitcase armor couldn't fly and it wasn't shot at by tanks, though. Just for accuracy's sake.
:p

No doubt he developed an intertial dampening solution for the suit.
I'm pretty sure you'd need to have control over gravity inside the suit to pull that off on the necessary scale to keep him as solid matter when shot by a tank. Maybe he does but if so he could use that tech for way better stuff than a suit.

I saw X-Men today. Went in with low expectations so maybe that helped as I thought it was fairly entertaining. There were issues here and there, but cool stuff as well.

QuickSilver was the best part of XMen Apocalypse movie.

I want to see more action series using that.

The suitcase armor couldn't fly and it wasn't shot at by tanks, though. Just for accuracy's sake.
:p

Yeah, it was designed as like a quick shove yourself(Yourself being Tony) into the suit and fuck up some dudes who decided they didn't like you hitting on their girlfriends option. Not really meant for kinetic energy penetrator s. :p

Saw The Nice Guys over the weekend. Great, fun movie - Baby Goose and Crowe have great chemistry together and the former gives a genuinely funny performance. What they are actually involved in peels away over time before you understand what's really going on. Fun stuff.

Back