MotorStorm 2 in the making!

ultragpu

Banned
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83688
" Evolution is also working on the next instalment of MotorStorm for release on Blu-ray disc in 2008.'
NICE! MS is the best offroad racer i played so far, i hope they would add the following in the sequel. so with 20% usage of cell in the first game on mind:
-split screen
-more maps
-more rainforest level
-better vegetations
-better particle effects
-smoothier shadows
-more mud and deformable surfaces
-FASTER vehicle loading time please!
and then i'll be a happy camper ^_^

Nice, I would like to see-

-More taunting animations
-Video/pic save feature
-Let us drive backwards without turning into a ghost

I'd definitely want a real replay mode more than anything else! Let's see those great crashes in the replays :)

I want split screen, more content and a team versus mode. :)

I decided the post this here since Demo thread wasn't particularly suitable.

Thanks for saving me some money ! I was waiting for more people to compare MotorStorm and this game (and DiRT).

I like the slippery mud in MotorStorm too. Went to a racing event about 2 months ago; it was exactly like the festival depicted at the beginning of MotorStorm... tents, dirt/desert, flags, cars, people (+ police), NOISE, etc.

I sincerely hope that the other developers can beat MotorStorm in terms of "funness". That way MotorStorm 2 will be even better.

Well, don't listen to me. :) I hate racers. After split screen Lotus games, there hadn't been any game that I felt worth playing. I even try to avoid any arcade racing in RPGs or "platformers".

Until Motorstorm that is. F1:CE, NFSn, GT5, PGR4, Dirt, Sega Rally, Forza 2 they all look like standard racers to me. Sure they have different cars, different handling or even different tracks but nothing like MS's weaponless shoulder-to-shoulder combat experience with tracks I haven't seen likes of before.

Some of the Need For Speed games had similar tracks with multiple lanes at different heights if I remember correctly.

I loved the Lotus games too. Just having such a long point to point race is great fun. It aged horrible though.

Burnout and Motorstorm make me happy. ^_^ Perhaps I'm just into car wreckage... Hehe. Dirt is pretty spiffy too, but resembles a "common" racer a lot more. I'm much more entertained by the gameplay in MS or Burnout. Need more Paradise info and footage!

Hmm...new sequels vs add on downloadable content,could be a topic of discussion on it's own.
Don't want to take this off topic,but it's the first thing I thought off. With these new systems and there built in HDD's I just was hoping for expansions first that can be downloaded instead of full $60 games. I thought that would be one of the benefits of next gen....

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83688
" Evolution is also working on the next instalment of MotorStorm for release on Blu-ray disc in 2008.'
NICE! MS is the best offroad racer i played so far, i hope they would add the following in the sequel. so with 20% usage of cell in the first game on mind:
-split screen
-more maps
-more rainforest level
-better vegetations
-better particle effects
-smoothier shadows
-more mud and deformable surfaces
-FASTER vehicle loading time please!
and then i'll be a happy camper ^_^

A split screen option is what matters the most as far as I'm concerned. It was unexcusable they left it out in the first place, a racing game without a split screen two player mode isn't worth buying.

A split screen option is what matters the most as far as I'm concerned. It was unexcusable they left it out in the first place, a racing game without a split screen two player mode isn't worth buying.

:rolleyes: Look at the single player game, look at the grpahics and the framerate and then think about what split-screen would look and play like. Ponitless. The game is free online and you obviously have a internet connection so play online.

They really need to add more camera angles, in-car and wide angle "in helmet" so we se the arms holding the bar and follows the suspension - just like the target render back in E305.

:rolleyes: Look at the single player game, look at the grpahics and the framerate and then think about what split-screen would look and play like. Ponitless. The game is free online and you obviously have a internet connection so play online.

"Hey bud! Wanna come over and check out Motorstorm? We can take turns!"

How boring. :|

Hey everyone, let's watch Joe play his game! Joe! Joe! Joe!" Meanwhile, two-four people are kicking the crap out of one another in the next room playing splitscreen...

How boring. :|

Hey everyone, let's watch Joe play his game! Joe! Joe! Joe!" Meanwhile, two-four people are kicking the crap out of one another in the next room playing splitscreen...

WOW you must have a great bunch of mates, we just load up MS and take it in turns. And while someone else is having there turn we talk about guy stuff and drink beer and have a laugh. You telling me you and your mates havent got anything interesting to talk about for a FEW MINUTES while you wait for your turn?

So all humans are the same :?: How boring.

You really ought to chill out you know... I don't see why you're blowing up at me and insulting me when all I proposed was a hypothetical situation.

For your information, we like to act as a group while we're in a social gathering. Having one person hog the tv while we could all be trash talking at the same time is a lot better for us. There is always time for brews and small talk when we leave the house for some destination.

Anyways, the whole point was, Why should we be playing a single player game when we could be playing something that involved more of us? What's so bad about splitscreen? So what if they have to turn down the graphics fidelity. There's more to social gaming than the internet...

Well if you dont like a game because it does'nt offer more when being socialable with your frinds then dont buy it. People KNEW that motorstom did'nt have split screen befor the game was even released so as i said if you wanted split screen then why buy the game?

Back