Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (X360,PS3,PC)

Yea. Scale can be a huge problem aswell, its nice to have a huge world to explore but sometimes its just too big, and it seems this one will have more terrain to explore than Far Cry 2 and I thought that was already too much.

As long as you do something interesting with the world, that shouldn't be a problem.

The problem with Far Cry 2 is that its being touted as a action game, but the game is actually 90% walking\driving through african wilderness in hopes of getting to action and 10% action. In FC2, you simply have to explore: you have to go on ridiculous walks\drives in order to get to your next objective, and the problem is that there is nothing to do in between (aside from getting shot on sight by guard checkposts). The exploration therefore seems like booring work, before you get to the good part - the action.

As long as you dont have to walk ridiculous lenghts in order to get to action, huge world should not pose any problems.

I also hope they include the ability to do skirmish maps with AI. In a patch for OP there was this large skirmish map with ~100 soldiers and some vechicles. US soldiers comming down the hill and Russian soldiers mobilising further ahead.

As long as you do something interesting with the world, that shouldn't be a problem.

The problem with Far Cry 2 is that its being touted as a action game, but the game is actually 90% walking\driving through african wilderness in hopes of getting to action and 10% action. In FC2, you simply have to explore: you have to go on ridiculous walks\drives in order to get to your next objective, and the problem is that there is nothing to do in between (aside from getting shot on sight by guard checkposts). The exploration therefore seems like booring work, before you get to the good part - the action.

As long as you dont have to walk ridiculous lenghts in order to get to action, huge world should not pose any problems.

Well, Op Flashpoint's strength hasn't really been 'make the map interesting', either. But there shouldn't be randomly generated events, either. You usually want to avoid combat in Op Flashpoint, since you can only save once during a 30 minute mission, and every combat is potentially lethal, since one shot can kill you. It wasn't uncommon to pull up the map and try and find the route least likely to bring you in contact with the enemy, or to to find a route from where you can catch the enemy by surprise. It was one of the most frustrating games I have ever played, but still fun.

didn't see this posted:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7670_en.html

animation is looking much better than the earlier vids. It's actually looking okay now, nothing like the renders it was supposed to be aiming for of course, but personally it's now looking good enough that it won't detract too much from the experience if they nail the old op flashpoint gameplay.

I'm really excited for this game.

Looks promising, just hoping that in the end it won't get dumbed down due to masses.

Yea it would be really shitty if they made it less realistic. It'd be really dumb too. At least by making a sim you secure a niche, dumb it down and you're going to be competing against 50 million other 360 shooters.

Was feeling impulsive and it was cheap, so I've already preordered a copy. If it's anything like the original Ghost Recon, it should be great. I used to love playing that on Xbox in coop, especially sneaking around at night was incredibly tense.

Hopefully I ordered the right console version ( I ordered a 360 copy), going by the EGO engine usual performance on PS3 and the fact that they've only shown vids from the 360 build, it should be the better of the two.

Can someone determine the IQ of the 360 version? I think it's 720p
with no AA.

Was feeling impulsive and it was cheap, so I've already preordered a copy. If it's anything like the original Ghost Recon, it should be great. I used to love playing that on Xbox in coop, especially sneaking around at night was incredibly tense.

Hopefully I ordered the right console version ( I ordered a 360 copy), going by the EGO engine usual performance on PS3 and the fact that they've only shown vids from the 360 build, it should be the better of the two.

Can someone determine the IQ of the 360 version? I think it's 720p
with no AA.

Yeah Iam in the same boat I prefer to get it on ps3 but if it is much better on 360 that will be the one to get. I did not pay attention to who made the game is it from the makers of GRAW.

Yeah Iam in the same boat I prefer to get it on ps3 but if it is much better on 360 that will be the one to get. I did not pay attention to who made the game is it from the makers of GRAW.

Ghost Recon games are made by Redstorm \ Ubisoft.

Operation flashpoint is made by some obscure company that i cba to google.

OF1 was much much much much more realistic than the GR games thought. It even had ballistic projectory :)

Ghost Recon games are made by Redstorm \ Ubisoft.

Operation flashpoint is made by some obscure company that i cba to google.

OF1 was much much much much more realistic than the GR games thought. It even had ballistic projectory :)

I thought I read somewhere that it was made by codemasters arent those the devs from the Dirt series?

Op Flashpoint 1 was done by Bohemia Interactive, the ArmA guys. Operation Flashpoint 2 is by a different team, it's Codemasters running with the Title without the dev team, Far Cry 2-style.

I wonder what engine they are using its coming out sone and their seems to be no hype...4p online co-op campaign sounds good. Is that a first for a realistic FPS?

Back