Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (X360,PS3,PC)

Really? In what regards? Just lower res/ no AA?

It's a good thing I preordered the 360 version then.

PS: has anyone determined the resolution/AA of the 360 code yet? I'm guessing at 720p no AA from the vids.

The pics say it all...in contrast this looks like a much worse port than Bayonette. It looks like a ps2 game in those pics. Less foliage, lower rez, more tearing etc. It just looks bad imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
God..can't believe how bad the PS3 version looked, It's almost as bad as the Ghost buster copy, very disappointing indeed. Interesting to see how huge quality can vary amongst different developers doesn't it, open world game like Far cry 2 looked awesome on the triple and in HD res, why would a less graphical intensive game like DR struggles so much? I'm really having doubt whether Codemaster has spent any decent effort on the port at all.

My problem with this game based on images and videos is the non dense large areas. It feels cold and empty. Heck even OP:Resistance from 2001 could do 5km draw distance and thousands of trees and bushes. Arma 2 also has rich dense forests and a well detailed Island. Sure one could quite easily up draw distance etc but still.

The single color tone doesn't help it neither for being so void, having watched my friend playing it through for half hour and I'm bored to death even though the PC version does look half way decent but one would definitely go for Arma II instead.

Man I have to say I'm dissapointed with the reviews this game has been getting... I was hoping for something like arma 2 with a dump truck more polish but it looks like it's just more of the same. I'll probably pick it up at some point anyways for cheap but yea it's dissapointing.

The single color tone doesn't help it neither for being so void, having watched my friend playing it through for half hour and I'm bored to death even though the PC version does look half way decent but one would definitely go for Arma II instead.

Codemasters has that "fetisch" present in GRID and DIRT series to. However that should be fixable (did it for GRID) but still fellow console gamers dont get that and that is a shame.

EDIT: They should put an ingame slider to reduce color filter amount.

Clearly a lot of people having fun here:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384493

there are some awesome stories in there.

I was at the airfield on infiltration when I came upon some warhead looking things all stacked up, so I figured "Hey, these never explode on other games!" and my friend said "Shoot them!" So, I did, and it did nothing, I began to laugh shooting the warheads, when BAM! As my friend explained what he saw as "You was just engulfed by flames" My body was never found, and the giant smoke plume was visible from where the infiltrators were.

Another, was we were driving to a secondary objective on Dragon Rising, and I was the driver, my friend the gunner. He was just a little chatter box, then shot downwards, after which the first thing he said was "Wow, I can almost hit the jeep." As it slowly went to a stop, he noticed I had slumped over the wheel, with a huge gash in the back of my head, yup, he just freaken shot me.
biggrin.gif

I've watched the series of gameplay videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtlPlqghQ8I&feature=channel

and feel underwhelmed. The firefights don't really look like a challenge. But I guess the difficulty can be turned up. I'm going over to my brother's to play it on his PS3 on Thursday. I hate controllers though (utterly useless with them in FPS games), I'm an M+K guy.

---

I'm still engrossed in Arma 2 Demo, with a coop mission for 6 men that I host (against ~100 infantry, 4 jeeps with guns, a BRDM, 2 BMPs and a tank). The mission takes about 90 minutes to complete. So far in about 4 weeks of playing this mission (i.e. well over 100 hours) it has been completed once :oops: on the easiest difficulty setting :p

Jawed

The pics say it all...in contrast this looks like a much worse port than Bayonette. It looks like a ps2 game in those pics. Less foliage, lower rez, more tearing etc. It just looks bad imo.

Oh, sorry didn't see that link. It's quite funny that it runs significantly better on 360 considering EGO is based on Sony's PhyreEngine tech.

I think it will be quite good, reviewers are always a bit off the mark when it comes to reviewing niche titles like this.

I think people who enjoy the genre and aren't looking for another COD will be content with the game.

Will let you know what I think once my preorder arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back