More Sony first-party PlayStation games coming to PC

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Shifty Geezer, Jan 16, 2020.

1. see colon

see colon All Ham & No Potatos
    Veteran

That's a game I wish I liked. It just didn't grab me and like most games in the genre, it felt unfinished. Although, to be fair, it was unfinished when I played it. I know they've added a lot to it since and I should revisit it. If you want to check it out it's often on sale at Fanatical.

2. goonergaz

Veteran

Too late, £8 seemed cheap enough for a punt - seems a pretty good foundation, this is a one man band I believe? Either way I’ll get my moneys worth.

While watching a few videos for tips I stumbled on Night of the dead, that looks pretty good too...essentially mix 7 days with a tower defence game - looks like it could be fun, especially in co-op. Just not sure I want to take a £20 punt

Malo, see colon and DSoup like this.
  3. Sonic

Sonic Senior Member
    Veteran

I'm not sure Sony had many options when it comes to releasing The Show on multiple platforms. In order to retain licensing from MLB and its associated organizations this is the deal Sony agreed upon. At least that's how I understand it. Nobody plays hardball better than MLB.

Sony releasing their content on PC makes sense from the perspective of extra profits. Their games are generally regarded well and are likely to sell decent on PC. If the return is greater than the cost of porting then it's kind of a no brainer. It also makes good business sense in that it allows them an additional revenue stream that has large potential for growth.

DSoup and PSman1700 like this.
  4. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

There will always be a (large) pc market out there, which is only growing. Its a market where sony and studios can gain from, now and in the future.

5. Vega86

Newcomer

Sony conservs should be happy. PC gamers get to add extra funds for 2-3 year PS5 exclusives.

6. Rangers

Legend

This is the thing. With PC, you can support more $ in 1st party development.

MS putting it's Xbox exclusives on PC (which we need to understand as "Microsoft Windows" to understand part of their motivation) was actually likely to be a advantage for them. Sony sort of had to counter it.

Plus I think that there's an argument the more platform agnostic a game is the more popular it can be (see Minecraft, Fortnight)

PSman1700 and pjbliverpool like this.
  7. DavidGraham

Veteran

Days Gone System Requirements is up on Steam, same as Horizon Zero Dawn by the way.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    • MINIMUM:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4 GB)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 70 GB available space
      • Additional Notes: SSD for storage and 16 GB of memory is recommended
    • RECOMMENDED:
      • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
      • Memory: 16 GB RAM
      • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
      • DirectX: Version 11
      • Storage: 70 GB available space
      • Additional Notes: SSD for storage is recommended