Mlb 2k8

Given GT5P and GRID's realistic visuals... I thought it's apt to showcase fine examples in other genra too. MLB The Show managed to put in mo-capped (?) idling players in the game:

Given GT5P and GRID's realistic visuals... I thought it's apt to showcase fine examples in other genra too. MLB The Show managed to put in mo-capped (?) idling players in the game:

That's awesome:oops:

The Show is a far better game judging by the demos and reviews IMO.

Yeah but I hear the online mode is busted. Horrible lag.

How hard is it in this day and age to make a reliable online game?

Yap, I heard quite a few complains about lag. Makes me appreciate Insomniac/Resistance even more. Some claimed that the situation has improved, but we have no way of knowing.

I guess they will tune and expand the servers based on demand. The game was launched in March right ? I plan to wait until their first patch before getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the number of The Show posts in this thread, one would think that it has enough posts for its own thread, right...?

Or a title change to accommodate both games maybe?

Anyway, now that joker is not working for 2k, maybe he can reveal what was it that Sony didn't let them do while The Show was allowed to. (Or any other Sony bickering is welcome too).

At the time I thought maybe it was crowd duplication but both games seem to have that now.

ps: N'Gai had a post about 3d party developer mind share relating to 360, which instantly reminded me of joker for some reason. Hence my posting.

Downloaded both demos off PSN, and although I can't judge the gameplay, I'm really impressed by the graphics in The Show! The last time I was this impressed by a baseball game's visuals was when Square ventured into the genre around the time of the PS2 launch. (I think Square's game was called "End of the Century" or something similar.)

Back