Middle-earth: Shadows of Mordor

What!!!

I have the Flame of Azkar with an epic rune that extends the time limit from 20 secs to 30 secs and bascially use it as either a last stand option or when I want to walk straight into a stronghold full of Uruks and go "Pfft".

Pairing that maneuver with an epic rune that reduces my combo meter from 8 to 5 and the double special skill, allows me to cut down a gang load of uruks in a matter of a few minutes.

Yeah but I never found myself in need for that plus I tend to restrain myself and never use all I have.
Shadow Strike is my ace in the sleeve when I am in trouble though...or I just run away :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the sword one. I just picked up the dagger one which is 20 seconds of unlimited stealth-like executions which is awesome, because it's all in slo-mo and you can slice through 15 or more as long as the orcs are close by.

BRUTAL :yes:

So it's 20 seconds of game time, not 20 seconds of real time? I thought the clock would just be running, like real time, so the slow mo wouldn't slow the clock.

So it's 20 seconds of game time, not 20 seconds of real time? I thought the clock would just be running, like real time, so the slow mo wouldn't slow the clock.

I'm pretty sure it's game time because my 20 seconds lasted a looooong time. I was doing the legendary sword mission where you have have to kill a load of orc trainees and there's at least 20 (more like 25) of them and most of them were dead after my kill streak was over and I opened with that :)

I'm pretty sure it's game time because my 20 seconds lasted a looooong time. I was doing the legendary sword mission where you have have to kill a load of orc trainees and there's at least 20 (more like 25) of them and most of them were dead after my kill streak was over and I opened with that :)

Awesome. I unlocked it just as I was finishing my last play session, so tonight will be my first time trying it out. I guess I'll save it for a big battle.

Just made it to the 2nd map. Still enjoying the game. I'm at maybe 16 hours of playtime. I'm guessing I'll be close to 30 when I'm done. So far pacing my gameplay is helping me not burn out on it, I think. Jumping back and forth between this, FIFA and Sunset Overdrive. All different games, so none of them are wearing thin.

Very close to the end, but it was a struggle to do the dwarf missions. That character is so stupid looking and annoying, I didn't want to do those missions. Thankfully they're over.

Got around to finishing it. Excellent game. Last couple of levels were a letdown though. They were way too easy once I got there. Doesn't really have a big finale. Overall, very good game and worth playing.

Everyone was raving about this game, so I got it when it went down to £20 on Amazon.

Bloody steep learning curve at the beginning! I was ready to just put it down and hate it forever when suddenly, with just one or two new abilities, everything made a lot more sense and the combat was far more enjoyable.

I'd call it a balancing issue but hey, now it's a bloody great game.

Can't wait for a sequel. The game seems to have done really well and should warrant a AAA budget next time. Hope they make the Nemesis system even better.

I am playing on PS4, just started...the first cutscenes are stuttering quite heavily...what is going on?!? Anyone else having this problem with the game?

The install is finished...I try to delete all data and install again...in this state, the game is unplayable...like a stroboscope :(

Back