Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being labeled a hater I thought the show was bad, the games looked better than what is available on 360 and PS3 but from the perspective of gameplay, story, and characters there was hardly anything new here. I won't be paying 500.00 for that, not even close and that is how I consider the investment.

Nintendo make an excellent point a few years ago when they said we'll only release new hardware when it allows us to do something that we can't do today. Granted the new hardware in many cases has turned out to be gimmicks for all three platform holders but the principle behind the statement was sound.

No used games,always online,499€, kinect mandatory. Most of the games they showed, no gameplay whatsoever. They say inengine, let's wait for the actual gameplay.
I won't buy a console with mandatory Kinect.
It's mandatory to plug in Kinect, but you can switch off the camera and opt out of sending data.

There was plenty of gameplay footage, and claims that many of the games would be available for hands-on. 499 is too high. They'll have to drop that early, like Sony did with the PS3.

I don't see how those games can make up for the price and DRM fiasco. The only thing that can save the XB1 in my mind is if Sony has the same price and similar DRM.

it's very likely imo.

sony is just probably not going to tell you about either at e3.

I thought it was prince of persia that halo reveal.

Dunno if you read that Halo comic that took place in Africa, but the lead up really reminded me of one of the panels there, particularly the giant sentinel bursting out (then there was the shot of his gauntlet in the video).

I'd also like to add that I think the core gamer is vastly overrated. I would have like to have seen more about Apps, Kinect and how the interface works. Game reels don't really do it for me, but a lot of the games did look cool. I think the graphics will be good enough. It just comes down to price and whether people outside of rabid gamers see a reason to buy it. I'm guessing they will push the casual messaging through other media.

Price is high, but I expected them to sell hardware for a profit this time around. I think $450 wouldn't be as shocking. It'll be interesting to see how fast they get to the first price drop.

Surprised by the number of games that appear to be exclusives. Lots published by Microsoft Studios.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2013/Jun13/06-10FutureGamingPR.aspx

Surprised Kinect Rivals was not shown.

Haha, Zoo Tycoon. I know a LOT of women that used to be absolutely addicted to that game.

Regards,
SB

What has that anything to do with consoles? 499 now is worse than it was six years ago because that competition. People will use that money for a iPad and buy no console

will they? i'm willing to bet xbone/ps4 will fly off the shelves this holiday.

for me there is no compare, i want xbone 100x more than an ipad. it's relevant because, i am their target demo. your mom wants the ipad a lot more. different demos.

at least at first youngish males are going to drive these consoles.

Yes, I was expecting to see more of the new Kinect sensor and UI.

We saw some natural language in the Spark demo, but have no idea how real that demo was. If I can talk to X1 like that, well done MS.

No used games,always online,499€, kinect mandatory. Most of the games they showed, no gameplay whatsoever. They say inengine, let's wait for the actual gameplay.

There are rumours that during the first press event last month there was no working SW yet, so in-engine could still mean anything... from running on dev-kits, PC to some beta kit.

I'd also like to add that I think the core gamer is vastly overrated. I would have like to have seen more about Apps, Kinect and how the interface works. Game reels don't really do it for me, but a lot of the games did look cool. I think the graphics will be good enough. It just comes down to price and whether people outside of rabid gamers see a reason to buy it. I'm guessing they will push the casual messaging through other media.

Yup, it's all the non-gaming stuff that I'm interested in with the Xbox One and PS4. That's what is going to sell me a console this generation, not the games.

That isn't to say I don't want the games, but I'm still planning to do the majority of my gaming on PC.

Regards,
SB

There are rumours that during the first press event last month there was no working SW yet, so in-engine could still mean anything... from running on dev-kits, PC to some beta kit.

there was a lot of real unmistakable gameplay there though, that was running on something. i'm satisfied on that front.

Yeah I know and in EU XBO should be €440.

I wouldn't count on it. Including VAT (sometimes > 20% in Euroland) and import duties, usually a dollar = a Euro.

So 499 euro.

In Euro-crises land a little too much IMHO. Sony has a huge opportunity to undercut Microsoft in terms of pricing. Without the PS4 Eye (rumours says it's not included) they should aim for 399 euro.

MS said all games and they showed a lot of games. The price will now come under attack but until the PS4 is priced we have no idea if it's relatively cheap, expensive or the same price as PS4. I suspect we now know the price of the PS4 $499

Why everything that is tag on the xbox most be true for the PS4 as well.? I just don't get this MS has charge for online play for 11 years sony hasn't that alone proves that no everything MS does sony will do it.:cry:

Yup, it's all the non-gaming stuff that I'm interested in with the Xbox One and PS4. That's what is going to sell me a console this generation, not the games.

That isn't to say I don't want the games, but I'm still planning to do the majority of my gaming on PC.

Regards,
SB

Yep. I want to see how the whole system works. Give me a talk with some real insight into the product. All the game stuff they could just put on gametrailers.

Guys, $399 is the new $499. It's called inflation and it happens even in recession.
Sad but fully expected.

These new consoles will drop in price quicker though than last gen, so there is a light at the end of this capitalistic tunnel :D

Did anyone notice if Minecraft was exclusive?

Project Spark definitely looked cool, very LBP-ish. My only concern is that granularity of items appeared bigger than I'd like. (will be interesting to see how that interfaces with kinect, which was apparently banned?)

Titan-fall definitely looked cool.

Quantum-Break was a game scene 'in-engine', whatever that means.

Cloud? Yep, that was marketing bull manure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back