Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem isn't the price itself. The problem is that I personally don't feel like getting an adequate hardware for the price and as my privacy isn't available for sale the answer is quite easy to say no.

Just a quick review / initial impressions:

• Titanfall stole the show for me! Looked very much like Call of Duty: Future Combat w/ excellent gunplay and fantastic verticality. Movement looked soooo smooth and natural on top of the Titan's looking very fun to play. Everything was just really visceral and smooth!
  • Ryse looked visually cool, but I am little worried about the depth and variety of the combat.
  • Dead Rising looked great, nothing mind blowing visually or gameplay wise, but I still think its a cool game.
  • I knew Master Chief was going to be under that garb, don't ask me how, but I was just like lol I bet this is somehow Master Chief walking through the desert ;)
  • Killer Instinct is interesting, and I think it rounds out the offering they have
  • Metal Gear Solid was probably the best looking game shown from top to bottom. Great idea to bring it to next-gen consoles. The graphics look amazing as does the gameplay. Can't wait to play that one!
  • $499 seems a little expensive, especially with how slow the economy is recovering and what they are offering. Sony seems to have a huge advantage in that they have a more powerfull console, with potentially the same price and not as much negativity surrounding them.

Overall, I think I would give it a 7/10 if I had to attach a score to it. Nothing mind blowing, and considering it was a console reveal that is kind of disappointing. They did what they set out to do though; games, games, games and no doubt there will be more shown throughout the week. I look forward to seeing more Titanfall, it just looks really cool and it has the potential to be the next Call of Duty if they nail the multiplayer.

Nice recovery, they're back on track with "hard core" gaming.

That is, if it's war games, extreme violence, killing as many people per second as possible, B-Movie storyline and bad acting, brown and desaturated. That's what hard core is all about. *sigh*

A huge number of fans seem satisfied, so business wise, it was a very well targeted message.

Sure, because that's all they showed. :p

Sunset Overdrive didn't look like extreme violence and definitely looks targeted at the core audience.

Forza wasn't one of those either.

Quantum break looks more story drive than some extreme violence shooter.

And Project Spark I imagine will have just as much appeal to the core as LBP.

That's about a third of the games that were shown.

Regards,
SB

keighley blatantly tried to bate the thief 4 dev into ps4 vs xbone tech comparison :LOL: with multiple questions, asking if the versions are different graphically etc.

wow, he's trying really hard. kudos too him to be honest, this is what i want to hear.

thief dev isn't biting at all. keeps deferring to generic "next gen" talk.

Strange they are revisiting KI. It wasn't a popular game was it? It i also a saturated market led by people who have made fighting games for decades.

The only game I read (didn't watch yet) that seemed like a surprise was Minecraft, everything else was kind of leaked in one form or another.

I don't see how those games can make up for the price and DRM fiasco. The only thing that can save the XB1 in my mind is if Sony has the same price and similar DRM.

For me, if they had announced Crackdown 3 that would have completed the conference. Was really looking forward to it. :/

Overall, not a bad press conference. Pretty much all about games with only bits of awkward moments with the sound problems and Spark. lol

keighley blatantly tried to bate the thief 4 dev into ps4 vs xbone tech comparison :LOL: with multiple questions, asking if the versions are different graphically etc.

wow, he's trying really hard. kudos too him to be honest, this is what i want to hear.

Ha ha ha, yeah...good show! Kudos to both for this dance :)

wow, he's trying really hard. kudos too him to be honest, this is what i want to hear..

Yep, he confirmed that a polygon and particles heavy game would show a greater difference than his game which is texture heavy and most likely aimed at the PC right now, he clearly tiptoed around the questions for obvious reasons.

wow, other than the price i really dont even think this is a possible valid opinion :LOL:

No used games,always online,499€, kinect mandatory. Most of the games they showed, no gameplay whatsoever. They say inengine, let's wait for the actual gameplay.

I forgot about Dead Rising 3. Open world. Popping in and out of buildings with no loading, and customisable weapons. So awesome.

Not a bad E3, certainly a ton of games for the core gamer..

I am semi-OK with most of the DRM, apart from the 24 hour check-in, but £429??

The one game I might have forgiven it all for me is Forza 5, but so far it's looking really arcade-esque and the slight OTT atmosphere is just not motorsport to me.. That and there's very little chance neither my Fanatec wheels will work..

Without the 24hour DRM check-in and £300 would have made me consider it, but £429?? That's 3 Xbox 360's...

6/10 Microsoft, you really need to do better..

It's a very different market reality now.

Look around- people are far, far more willing to spend these days. Smartphones (with contracts), tablets, all poised for massive growth. So why can't a console be around that pricing? The market seems less sensitive to a product's pricing (see AAPL) than the justification of value behind it.

What has that anything to do with consoles? 499 now is worse than it was six years ago because that competition. People will use that money for a iPad and buy no console

360 might now be good enough for even most hardcore gamers when xbox/ps2 wasnt. Only few exclusives wont come to 360

Strange they are revisiting KI. It wasn't a popular game was it? It i also a saturated market led by people who have made fighting games for decades.

The only game I read (didn't watch yet) that seemed like a surprise was Minecraft, everything else was kind of leaked in one form or another.

I don't see how those games can make up for the price and DRM fiasco. The only thing that can save the XB1 in my mind is if Sony has the same price and similar DRM.

Killer Instinct was VERY popular, but that was a long long time ago. Almost 20 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back