Microsoft plans 300,000 Xbox 360s at Europe launch

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Microsoft will have around 300,000 of its new Xbox 360 games console available for its European launch on December 2, a Microsoft executive said in an interview published on Sunday.

Industry analysts' estimates of 300,000 Xbox 360s available at launch "were not far removed from reality", said Chris Lewis, the Microsoft executive responsible for the Xbox in Europe, in German weekly financial newspaper Euro am Sonntag.

Xbox 360s sold out in many U.S. stores after the launch there on November 22 and are still in short supply, with the console selling at a premium to its $400 retail price on Internet auction sites.
Link

maybe we should open a buy/sell forum here... :D
maybe i can help out people who are in need of a pal xbox360

hey69 said:
maybe i can help out people who are in need of a pal xbox360
No need. Mine's reserved already, and unlike for some american people, mine's guaranteed to actually sit there in the store waiting for me come launch day. :D

Mmm, only 5 more days now, then no more waiting for about 3 years until we start gossiping for real what'll come next... ;)

Guden Oden said:
Mmm, only 5 more days now, then no more waiting for about 3 years until we start gossiping for real what'll come next... ;)
The very moment after you'll get the console in your hands you will start to think "what will come next'? There's no redemption :)

I think he'll be thinking "will it crash" a little before he goes on to thinking about the next gen! ;)

I'm rather surprised by the initial prices for the XBox 360. It's selling for 2490 kr (around 310$) here in Sweden which is really cheap for a new console. The PS2 was at over 4000 kr when it was released. That's the core version though, it's 3490 kr for the "hardcore" version.

The 20 Gb harddrive is currently at 990 kr which is ridicilious when the console goes for 2490.

what 250euro? for the core pack? tax included? if yes, thats 50euro lower then rest of europe

Lowest price i've seen for the core unit here in the UK is £204.

204 British Pound = 354.593 US Dollar

Nice, seems they finally learned how to use currency converters... (I think the core is $350 in the US, if it doesn't then my joke won't work...)

Its for real, Microsoft have actually priced the console equally around the world more or less. I'm quite impressed.

london-boy said:
Lowest price i've seen for the core unit here in the UK is £204.

204 British Pound = 354.593 US Dollar

Nice, seems they finally learned how to use currency converters... (I think the core is $350 in the US, if it doesn't then my joke won't work...)
US price was $299, excluding tax, AFAIK. Not that I should talk to you, you low-life Two Red Square scumball :oops:

Shifty Geezer said:
US price was $299, excluding tax, AFAIK. Not that I should talk to you, you low-life Two Red Square scumball :oops:

That's what happens when you don't keep the admins satisfied every bloody night...

Bjorn said:
I'm rather surprised by the initial prices for the XBox 360. It's selling for 2490 kr (around 310$) here in Sweden which is really cheap for a new console. The PS2 was at over 4000 kr when it was released. That's the core version though, it's 3490 kr for the "hardcore" version.

The 20 Gb harddrive is currently at 990 kr which is ridicilious when the console goes for 2490.

What store is this? Link?

The X360 edition with harddrive (not the core) costs 2800 dkr here in DK. That is about 451$ with tax and 339 $ without tax. That is REALLY nice and cheap here in Denmark. Im getting 2 :D

m4trix said:
The X360 edition with harddrive (not the core) costs 2800 dkr here in DK. That is about 451$ with tax and 339 $ without tax. That is REALLY nice and cheap here in Denmark. Im getting 2 :D

That is more or less what Bjorn quoted. I didnt know it is so cheap in Scandinavia.

Bjorn said:

The core version is listed at 1999 kr = $316 (2999 kr for the full version) at elgiganten here in Denmark. I think the Scandinavian prices are really impressive especially considering that they include 25% sales tax (the core version is only $268 before taxes).

http://www.elgiganten.dk/is-bin/int.../da_DK/imagesOnline/avis/week_48e4wgbg/03.jpg

m4trix said:

Who is selling the HD-edition at 2800,- ? Are the core version below 1999,- anywhere?

Back