Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 [XBSX|S, PC]

It appears that some companies are developing planes for MS Flight Simulator. One in particular outsourced to an owner of a studio I am collaborating with. They told us it was for a simulator but not specifically which one.
Near the end of my work the client specified it was for MS flight Simulator. I modeled a fully functional cockpit of an aircraft. Still waiting to be given the green light to publish my work.
I ll ask tomorrow actually because I want to publish it in my portfolio.

It appears that some companies are developing planes for MS Flight Simulator. One in particular outsourced to an owner of a studio I am collaborating with. They told us it was for a simulator but not specifically which one.
Near the end of my work the client specified it was for MS flight Simulator. I modeled a fully functional cockpit of an aircraft. Still waiting to be given the green light to publish my work.
I ll ask tomorrow actually because I want to publish it in my portfolio.
Very cool!

I have to say that some models in the game produced by MS or other companies are crazy unoptimized in terms of geometry. I m sure this hits heavy in some machines. It's as if the models were produced in some 3D software that doesn't care about topology as much or for game purposes, but rather is used for industrial design purposes.

That's irrelevant. It is not an illustration program nor an industrial testing program.

A piece of software like this is a great place to go ham on the polygon counts to normally unreasonable levels, even at the cost of performance. One of the big draws of MS Flight Sim is the sheer realism and believability of all the small details. Despite the high speeds of planes, this is actually one of the absolutely slowest 3d games out there in terms of how much changes frame by frame in normal gameplay and how much input reactivity is needed. Even something like 20fps is still playable for many, assuming they aren't trying to do like Red Bull Air Racing or something.

A piece of software like this is a great place to go ham on the polygon counts to normally unreasonable levels, even at the cost of performance. One of the big draws of MS Flight Sim is the sheer realism and believability of all the small details. Despite the high speeds of planes, this is actually one of the absolutely slowest 3d games out there in terms of how much changes frame by frame in normal gameplay and how much input reactivity is needed. Even something like 20fps is still playable for many, assuming they aren't trying to do like Red Bull Air Racing or something.
But the models are topologically a mess too. I am not talking about polygon density for realism. The models are both unnecessary high in polygons and are a mess. They are simply a mess and some models have high inaccuracies too compared to the actual aircrafts.

Post an example
For NDA reasons I don't want to post from my screen and neither want to be too specific. But one TBM model have the wrong modelled door and another have omissions on the tail.

I believe most of the accurate work went in the interiors, but in the exteriors don't expect accurate modeling. There are many omissions in fine details in the exteriors too and outright wrong modeling too.

But the geometry is simply stupid in some of the models

Last edited:
Back