Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 [XBSX|S, PC]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend

I don't think enough people are talking about this 'potential' game changing simulator. The amount of things to do and to accomplish, looks incredible! The thought of doing so many untouched game themes and jobs (e.g., air ambulance, mountain rescue, oil rig/platform support, agricultural aviation, aerial construction, etc.) has me very excited about MFS 2024. And of course, the graphics are super gorgeous.

I know that there are tons of people that will like it, but from the show it looked like the boring jobs simulator.
I can do a free flight, ooooooooor you can do an aero taxi for Musk's children while they throw you peanuts

So this was vaguely my reaction when I watched that trailer during that show as they kept reeling off the new features:

"Wow."
"Oh man"
"This is gonna be one huge update"
"Lord! It just keeps going"
"Seriously? More?"
"This is getting ridiculous"
"How?"
"HOW?!"
<hysterical laughing>
"It just keeps going..."
"That's gotta be it"
"Literally unbelievable"
"Asobo are actual wizards"

From what I gather this isn't a DLC.
Actually more of a MFS 2.0, engine has been heavily overhauled.
GAS makes this kind of thing very grey area.

From what I gather this isn't a DLC.
Actually more of a MFS 2.0, engine has been heavily overhauled.
GAS makes this kind of thing very grey area.

Yup, as much as some people dislike the idea of GAAS (like MMORPGs), it does also have its upsides if it's a developer who actually cares about their game and the player's experience.

For example, engine updates (which can also include an overhaul of graphical assets and not just the engine) and content additions (usually combination of free and paid).

Of course, bad developers who are there just to ride the pony until it dies do exist and unfortunately give GAAS a bad reputation.

Regards,
SB

I know that there are tons of people that will like it, but from the show it looked like the boring jobs simulator.
I can do a free flight, ooooooooor you can do an aero taxi for Musk's children while they throw you peanuts
Simulators are extremely popular. My uncle used to play the older flight simulators and he had set himself up with an imitation of his airplane. He would practice flying all the time on it.

So a major focus on helicopter dynamics and, the one truly new dynamic flight model: hot air balloons? Also, I'm curious about the science aviation as it applies to the literal tornado chewing through the Flyover, KS virtual trailer parks in the background. More specifically, will they be able to emulate such crazy weather phenomena with sufficient realism?

Cuz now all I want to do is strap on the Quest and fly my hot air balloon straight down the middle of an EF-5 :D

So a major focus on helicopter dynamics and, the one truly new dynamic flight model: hot air balloons? Also, I'm curious about the science aviation as it applies to the literal tornado chewing through the Flyover, KS virtual trailer parks in the background. More specifically, will they be able to emulate such crazy weather phenomena with sufficient realism?

Cuz now all I want to do is strap on the Quest and fly my hot air balloon straight down the middle of an EF-5 :D
aren't the blimps new ? I want to dock a blimp at the empire state building. And yes docking at the empire state building was a thing and one blimp did dock but then never again after that https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/docking-on-the-empire-state-building-12525534/

I categorized the blimps and hot air balloons together as simply "lighter than air vehicles." I feel like the flight dynamics would end up being approximately the same...

btw the overall look is quite similar to forza horizon 5. i wonder if PG was involved with FS2024 or its just the general direction microsoft want their game look or something?

i mean, they are different. but the "overall look", to me, are quite similar. kinda like many years ago where all shooters became mud-colored.

They're both bright and vivid games with great lighting, but they also both do excellent draw distances for things like foliage and shadows which makes a big difference.

I think we'll be seeing that in plenty more games this generation than just these.

They're both bright and vivid games with great lighting, but they also both do excellent draw distances for things like foliage and shadows which makes a big difference.

I think we'll be seeing that in plenty more games this generation than just these.

I mean, like gran turismo 7 also have those traits similar to forza horizon 5, but they got quite different overall look.

While fs2024 looks quite similar to fh5. So I don't think it's just due to better draw distance, better lighting, better foliage.

Seems like there's a uniformity in the art direction or something

I mean, like gran turismo 7 also have those traits similar to forza horizon 5, but they got quite different overall look.

While fs2024 looks quite similar to fh5. So I don't think it's just due to better draw distance, better lighting, better foliage.

Seems like there's a uniformity in the art direction or something
There's a vividness of the colors and contrast. Not overly saturated, but perhaps a tad slightly more saturated than normal, in a way that's not perfectly realistic, but generally pleasing to the eye.

And no, GT7 has nothing of the incredible environmental detail, much less amazing draw distances of FH5 or MSFS, especially since it's not even an open world title. All this factors majorly in comparisons.

Otherwise, I really dont know what you're seeing. So no, I seriously doubt there's any collaboration here. Very different engines and Asobo dont seem like they need anybody's help at all to make ridiculously impressive games.

Back