MGS4 movie

A new capture of the trailer..

Still not direct feed, but possibly the best quality yet:

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140656

Still downloading, but the filesize suggests so, as does a 1up editor who posted it on GAF.

edit - it's actually not as good quality of some of the second or third trailers - more pixellated..bigger picture, that's about it. God, we need direct feed! :D

edit 2 - this seems to be a little longer than the others, by about 20 or 30 seconds. It's the "MGS Shock" version from Sony's booth. There seems to be more in the middle with the mechs on the street and soforth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can any of you think of possible explenations as to why the background textures are so horrible? The character models look so detailed that they look out of place in those evironments. In the trailer that Titanio just posted when one of the troops looks at the broken brick wall, right before getting knocked out by snake, you can really see how horrible the textures are. They truly look like they were taken straight out of mgs3. I have seen a lot better textures in far cry and half life 2 both running on a 6800. With the ps3 having the rsx it just doesn't make sense to have horrible textures like this.

PS, I am not trying to troll, bash the game, or whatever you want to call it. This just concerns me. I own a ps2 and plan to get a ps3 so I am not trying to put one console over another.

The only place I noticed it was on broken walls. Perhaps the walls are destructible, so when one breakes the engine automatically generates a texture for the break, and since it was to be fast it's LQ?? Just random thought, it could be there's not enough power or perhaps they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yeah I love the trailer..but after seeing it in better quality, I DEFINTELY think the awesome motion capture and direction is what makes this movie look as convincing as it does.
Because some of the backround detail range from just good to..well..not good.

Still though..big kudos to Kojima on this very artful movie..I personally wanted some gameplay footage but hey, the trailer is awesome so I'll just roll with it.

whats frightning is such graphics with lack of framerate Drops.... for a game supposed to debut in 2007 (?) it gives me the chills.

or the team is very very, very...very talented, or Ps3 is not such a beast to program, but Well, i kind of knew already, having a full GPU helps very very, very much

:D

Oh crap! They just showed some direct-feed footage of it on AOTS! on G4!!!! I need to go catch my breathe now - amazing!!!

Alpha_Spartan said:
Yeah. He doesn't have a team like you do.

Riiiight...

That may be Alpha (where's this team of mine?), but I don't bash the XBox (in fact whenever I say something, it's something nice - or at least neutral), I just talk a lot of positive stuff about the Playstation.

(and Nintendo to a lesser extent)

Also, thread titles like "MGS Looking Terrible" and "Kameo, So Much Better Than MGS4" just rub me the wrong way. Now granted those thread titles are made up, but the intention is on the mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
dukmahsik said:
is it me or the textures seem a tad lacking?

I think you are way to critical for the game that is not even on the final kit which will not be released for at least for a year. I also saw some places that textures seem kinda lacking, but also some places downright amazing...which shows how incomplete this game is...but in terms of presentation and effects galore...this is simply the best I have seen in next generation presentation so far.

JasonLD said:
I think you are way to critical for the game that is not even on the final kit which will not be released for at least for a year. I also saw some places that textures seem kinda lacking, but also some places downright amazing...which shows how incomplete this game is...but in terms of presentation and effects galore...this is simply the best I have seen in next generation presentation so far.

wow calm down.

creon100 said:
Oh crap! They just showed some direct-feed footage of it on AOTS! on G4!!!! I need to go catch my breathe now - amazing!!!

Catch your breath? It doesn't look that good, damn. You guys act like it's the second coming.

Atsim said:
Catch your breath? It doesn't look that good, damn. You guys act like it's the second coming.

i found this funny

metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072828434.jpg

creon100 said:

Seriously, right? It looks good in the videos, but when you see it on TV it's insane. By the way, guys I think it was running at either 30fps or 60fps. It had that same super smooth feel you see in the DOA4 HD trailer or the FFVII Tech Demo HD Trailer. Also, I couldn't see any jaggies what-so-ever. I'm probably cursing it for saying this, but next gen will probably be the end of jaggies, at least on normal TVs.

Mefisutoferesu said:
Seriously, right? It looks good in the videos, but when you see it on TV it's insane. By the way, guys I think it was running at either 30fps or 60fps. It had that same super smooth feel you see in the DOA4 HD trailer or the FFVII Tech Demo HD Trailer. Also, I couldn't see any jaggies what-so-ever. I'm probably cursing it for saying this, but next gen will probably be the end of jaggies, at least on normal TVs.

here's a pic for ya! :)

metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072839278.jpg

Back