MGS3 High Quality screens AND trailer - *beautiful*

JF_Aidan_Pryde said:
Give it up.
We all know the screenshots and videos are fake.

Afterall remember.. The PS2 can't handle bright colours!

:LOL: :LOL: funny :LOL: :LOL:

(supposed to be sarcastic right...) (cuz if u're serious.... then it's even funnier :LOL: :LOL: )

IMO:

Kojima Artwork > most games with more polygons/bump mapping/higher res textures

So sorry but IMO most of those screens of RS3 are f-ugly. I'd take the MGS3 low-res trees with superior artwork over it any day.

MGS3 is beautiful. I really don't give a crap anymore how they accomplished that, what kind of lighting engine it uses, texture resolution, etc. It's simply beautiful. I've just watched the direct feed trailer (another 150MB download :) - animation and art direction is absolutely impeccable. Art, animation AND tech, make MGS3 my favorite pick right now as far as visuals are concerned. Halo 2 is an obvious pick as far as technical side and engine complexity is concerned, but I like it's metallic look and animation a tad less. There are other excelent looking games that I've seen from E3, but these two are my favorites.

I cannot understand people that have such an insecurity about something so insignificant as their console of choice that they feel it's necessary to put down every good looking game on other platforms. It's like those people who go over Halo 2 pictures with magnifying glass, searching for that 'special' blurry texture so that they can rag about it.

People like that make me sad.

After reading this and all other E3 related threads on here, it occurs to me that what I read on Gaming Age yesterday rings true -

E3 - it brings out the stupid in you.

:LOL:

It looks pretty good, especially for a PS2 game.. but damn is this premise weird. Snake Eater?

The gameplay sounds like it could be awesome, but stealth in the jungle? It's so weird, yet it'll probably work well.

What's this snake eating talk though? I thought I saw Solid Snake take a bite of snake in the trailer.. WTF? :?

just seen the trailer, looks good. great move to drop the pretentious stealth elements and go for a more explosive jungle warfare. :D mgs engine has always been more suitable for action imo. leave the stealth to splinter cell.

i hope it can match halo in terms of explosiveness. roxkozor!!!

but the trailer seems .. funny ... Vice City(vehicle combat will rokxor!!)? 60s? Could it really be MGS3 or just a spinoff/sidestory? Kojima might be leaving the final installment of MGS4 for PS3/Xbox2? HE did say PS2 leaves little left for him to create the new ultimate MGS game.

chaphack said:
leave the stealth to splinter cell.

Does anyone else see this comment as... out there? Splinter Cell is nothing but a take-off of MGS2; So to say "leave the Stealth to SC" when SC owes everything on it's premise to MGS seems beyond ironic.

when SC owes everything on it's premise to MGS seems beyond ironic.

why? mgs is not the first stealth game.

but whatever. i am pleased with the new change of directions taken. jungle warfare, yes warfare(abeit a solo one) + more explosions + some sneaking elements >>>>>>> playing hid n seek in boring closed in quarters.

please give me big areas, please! :oops:

I'd like to see bigger areas, but I'd still like the game to preserve it's linearity and sense of direction. We'll see how that aspect turns out.

preserve it's linearity and sense of direction.

linearity in large spaces is fine but sense of direction? meaning 10mins gameplay, 5mins cutscene? Sorry no thanks. Let the game flow Kojima, let the game flow. :oops:

marconelly! said:
Snake has to hunt animals and eat them to survive (Kojima's words)

Oh god :?

Marc, earlier when I mentioned the graphic design of the trailer, I was referring to the splash screens, not the game ;) Looks like something out of Austin Powers hehe..

And I think Konami's marketing department has gone a little loony. "Survival of the Snakest", "Hungry for some Snake?", etc. But ofcourse, this has nothing to do with the game, but I thought I'd just say ;)

Think I may let this one sink below my radar.. 1) not a fan of 'nam games, 2) definitely not a fan of uberstealth, 3) hunting animals? :(

You can't judge a game from its first trailer :p But for now I'm not too thrilled. Just IMO ofcourse, I'm sure the above sound great to many other people out there.

does anyone have a link to those big trailers for those who don't have IGN insider and the Gamespot subscription? I'm dying here for more.... :cry:

wow... just finished to watch it... that was one big video... love it how the shadows from the trees get cast on the characters... still has that sillyness of MGS2 though... which is not a bad thing in itself...

chaphack said:
when SC owes everything on it's premise to MGS seems beyond ironic.

why? mgs is not the first stealth game.

but whatever. i am pleased with the new change of directions taken. jungle warfare, yes warfare(abeit a solo one) + more explosions + some sneaking elements >>>>>>> playing hid n seek in boring closed in quarters.

please give me big areas, please! :oops:

I think it'll be more like this:

Just a bit of jungle warfare + a few explosion + lots of stealth ( + lots of cutscenes :D )

I doubt Kojima would change the course of the series. The course has always been, and will always be, stealth first and foremost.

Folken - thank you very much. I have just watched the complete trailer and I am pretty much 'blown away' here... the screens just don't do this game any justice, unless they started a new trend using FMV in the trailer which I doubt though. The last time I was this 'blown away' was when the first MGS2 trailer hit the web. Wow.

*puts MGS3 on list of personal 'game of E3' and doesn't think something will top it*

Tagrineth is correct, Metal Gear IS the first stealth game. It first came out on the MSX before being ported to the famicom, then the NES. MGS pretty much have everything from MG, stealth, shooting, explosion, etc...

Much like MGS/MGS2, you don't have to kill every single enemie in the game, you can avoid them using stealth.

Back