Metro Prime 3 = No Online Play

Anvil said:
Retro announced that Metro Prime 3 will be released at launch but the game will offer NO online play, which I feel is a pretty significant error. What better way to get people on the Nintendo online platform then with a first party heavy hitting title like Metro Prime.

More here:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707486p1.html
Actually, I think it's a better part knowing that Metroid is a solo expirience being in spirit with the series. I didn't particularly like MP2's multiplayer mode, to that effect.

I'd let them concentrate on a very great and focused single player, and leave all the online play to SSB:B.

I may be mistaken, but don't you "lock on" to enemies in Metroid Prime games?

I don't see how that would make a decent multiplayer experience (not enough skill needed)... I'd rather them focus on making the singleplayer the best it can be.

Hardknock said:
I may be mistaken, but don't you "lock on" to enemies in Metroid Prime games?

I don't see how that would make a decent multiplayer experience (not enough skill needed)... I'd rather them focus on making the singleplayer the best it can be.

Good points.....and I agree totally.

I agree with what has been said in this thread. Just like how I still think MGS online was a bad idea. I really didn't need to know how much I sucked ...

Agree to everything that was said. MP3 should focus on a really awesome single player adventure. We might see a multiplayer MP like MPH for DS in the future though.

NANOTEC said:
Agree to everything that was said. MP3 should focus on a really awesome single player adventure. We might see a multiplayer MP like MPH for DS in the future though.

BTW, how is Multiplayer handled in Metroid Prime: Hunters on the DS? If it's any good, they could have used the WiiRemote in a similar way.

hupfinsgack said:
BTW, how is Multiplayer handled in Metroid Prime: Hunters on the DS? If it's any good, they could have used the WiiRemote in a similar way.

It has basically two modes, single player adventure and mutipayer VS mode. The VS mode is like UT, Quake Arena, etc. with up to 4 players. There's a third timed attack mode for single player.

Back