Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

MGS 4 trailers also went through a lot of color tone changes. Its part of the process to tweak colours till the end.
BTW, I was watching one of the gamersyde trailers and some of the buildings in the Afghan are low poly. Totally break the immersion, and a lot of pop-in too. Guess that 60 fps is taking its toll, and the fact these assets take care of the ps360 version too.

MGS 4 trailers also went through a lot of color tone changes. Its part of the process to tweak colours till the end.
BTW, I was watching one of the gamersyde trailers and some of the buildings in the Afghan are low poly. Totally break the immersion, and a lot of pop-in too. Guess that 60 fps is taking its toll, and the fact these assets take care of the ps360 version too.

Actually MGS4 was yellow since the beginning.

I think metal gear solid 4 went through a few changes. I do not like when kojima does this. I remembered years back wondering what was up with the tints. it started out yellow green, yellow, light sepia tone, to this

g6bb.jpg

Then to where it's at now; something like a goldenish yellow (changing to the other three filters at times).

If they can't bring the UV blistering weather back for MGSV, then we'll just have to sweetFX it back in.....thank god for that at least. It's done done wonders for lots of games, like Resident evil 5

3vplg.png

and we all know how terrible that game's filters were too.
1280x-1

Anyways, I really want those old assets back in the PC version of MGSV, they looked perfect, it would look killer with the filter upgrade with the original PC assets.

i think kojima also go with "green-ish" colour when MGS4 60-fps video was released.

btw TPP will have various setting. Maybe with now the outdoor afganistan hot area is yellow-ish and barren, it will give more contrast with other level such as the level in hospital. It is blue-ish.

They need to stop using filters. DX11 HBAO + Enhanced HDR lighting (with all the sun flairs and light shafts) is what works. not film grain or any of that shoddy camera filter work; to make it all feel gritty and sweaty.

Kojima already knows all this, which is why there are prettier screens of MGSV in circulation. they are just making up for the consoles to run at 60fps. However this is not the same case for PC. I want ultra settings with the original assets back please!

You know every single developer has scaled back iq to some degree from the e3 2013 videos. I wonder if they weren't certain how much memory contention would effect both consoles memory bandwidth. Because back in e3 none of them had the target hardware and were running on pc devkits as close to spec as possible.

You know every single developer has scaled back iq to some degree from the e3 2013 videos.
from a quick google, imfamous second son, looked better, perhaps its an exception but its one game that disproves your assertion

You know every single developer has scaled back iq to some degree from the e3 2013 videos. I wonder if they weren't certain how much memory contention would effect both consoles memory bandwidth. Because back in e3 none of them had the target hardware and were running on pc devkits as close to spec as possible.

Maybe so, i think Square enix jumped the gun the furthest though, as usual. after i saw their tech demos i figured i just invest in a powerful PC rig. kojima on the other hand, usually starts out with realistic figures and adjusts from there. The Raiden model from MGS4 and MGR look identical to their prior E3s.

In MGSV's case though, i'm sure 60fps is what did it for the lighting and vegetation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closer look at the fullest tree model found in the map's location. [latest Multiplayer Demo]
PDbb.png

RDbb.png

TDbb.png

There seems to be 4 variations of trees and plants scattered throughout the map. The Binoculars or scope seems to view the trees at their lowest LOD form for some reason.

the themes on PSV is not a huge change. currently you already can do that without the BG music and marble icon.

Back