Metal Gear Solid 4 to hit 360?

Ruined

Regular
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1875#more-1875

See upper right hand corner of new EGM cover, which has been confirmed as genuine:
egm.jpg

Ain't that a b...?

Probably EGM making a whole article around Kojima's old quote about MGS4 being technically possible on the XBOX360... Oh mY G0DZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
At GAF, they just had this thread. So...many...f@nboys...I personally am not a big fan of this series and this isn't the biggest series ever but who really cares? The points for it are that it could be like MGS2: substance and the points against it are that it maximises PS3 hardware (even Bluray!) and that Kojima who is a board director at Konami has said it wouldn't get a 360 port. I don't think it matters much to the average gamer which system gets this game so I don't get what the big deal is.

Ain't that a b...?

Probably EGM making a whole article around Kojima's old quote about MGS4 being technically possible on the XBOX360... Oh mY G0DZ!

If you click through the link, apparently Konami is pressuring Kojima to make the game multiplatform due to the lower than expected shipments of PS3 and rising costs of development.

At GAF, they just had this thread. So...many...f@nboys...I personally am not a big fan of this series and this isn't the biggest series ever but who really cares? The points for it are that it could be like MGS2: substance and the points against it are that it maximises PS3 hardware (even Bluray!) and that Kojima who is a board director at Konami has said it wouldn't get a 360 port. I don't think it matters much to the average gamer which system gets this game so I don't get what the big deal is.

there are a lot of mgs ******s, it would be a good win for 360 :)

but hey if konami somehow convinced kojima to release mgs4 on 360 i would love to know how , because they certainly failed to make him do what they wanted the last 2 times they tried (unfortunately )

I just love rumors.

I bet the rumor was started by this:

media

MY GOD! Kojima-san attending Microsoft conference! It must mean MGS4 is coming to Xbox360! :eek:

Βetween the thread about MGS4 and the thread about Halo3 Gaf gave me a headache.

Anyway i don't really care.If it comes it will probably be a downgraded port being released later than the ps3 version.I don't even see this as big news really,the franchise is way past its prime ,at least commersially,and that will be proven when MGS4 gets released on the ps3 among GTA4 and Halo3.It will be a repeat of 2004 all over again.

I guess it would be good for people who will only own an xbox360 at the time of its release and since these new consoles are so expensive it might might the wait for a ps3 drop to a more logical price much easier...

Βetween the thread about MGS4 and the thread about Halo3 Gaf gave me a headache.

Anyway i don't really care.If it comes it will probably be a downgraded port being released later than the ps3 version.I don't even see this as big news really,the franchise is way past its prime ,at least commersially,and that will be proven when MGS4 gets released on the ps3 among GTA4 and Halo3.It will be a repeat of 2004 all over again.

Oh please the main reason why mgs3 didn't do so well was because it hardly had a marketing campaign behind it unlike mgs and mgs2 further more substance got announced way to early they could have atleast waited until mgs3 came out in Europe.

MGS 2 being a disappointment to a lot of fans didn't help either.

Yeah there might be some people who choose which system to buy based off of this game and how well it gets ported.,

As for MGs4 ,i guess we'll find out its commersial pull when it launches at the end of 2007.My opinion is that it will get buried by Halo3 and GTA4,but i could be wrong.We'll see.

My thoughts exactly.Not even the "EGM" title looks the same between the two. How irritating. Is that a sign of a very bad fake, or does EGM really change their cover style from one month to the next?

The EGM cover is actually a mock up. I think EGM is looking to change their logo.

I think this rumor being true is highly unlikely. I am certain Kojima has alot to say which platform will see his game and what won't. Konami pressuring Kojima productions? What the? The game is over 1 year away and they are worried about installed base? Highly unlikely. No matter what the price but its PLAYSTATION, the name alone moves consoles.

there are a lot of mgs ******s, it would be a good win for 360 :)

but hey if konami somehow convinced kojima to release mgs4 on 360 i would love to know how , because they certainly failed to make him do what they wanted the last 2 times they tried (unfortunately )

konami didn't try to force him to do this before. Not sure where you got that idea from. they had no reason to. PS2 had way more units then Xbox in consumer homes. The install base was the driving force behind most publisher decisions on exclusivity.

Back