Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

If you think about it, one of the first demos we've seen of Wii Motion+ is hacking a log of wood to bits. I think the concept of this game flows logically from there, but technically and conceptually.

Well, procedurally generating geometry doesn't seem to be anything too crazy, but I'm trying to wrap my mind around how they will do that for textures.

If that is real-time, it's real-time on the PC. In terms of "no reason why they couldn't be" real-time, the complete lack of aliasing in the presentation I saw is a bit of a giveaway!

No, it's definitely console. Maybe not real-time, but surely in-game. There's plenty of aliasing to go around (just look at the 720p shots and 720p video on Gamersyde.com). Plus it's running a sub-720p buffer from what I can tell on the 720p screenshots and 720p video. Looks like the same 1024x768 from MGS4, but it's not using temporal this time... looks like proper 2xAA.

I was curious if this same technology could be applicable to some awesome Star Trek game ala Klingon Academy where one must take pleasure in blowing away itty bits of the Enterprise. Even more pleasure would come from even more itty bits of hull and prettier damage of course! :)

No, it's definitely console. Maybe not real-time, but surely in-game. There's plenty of aliasing to go around (just look at the 720p shots and 720p video on Gamersyde.com). Plus it's running a sub-720p buffer from what I can tell on the 720p screenshots and 720p video. Looks like the same 1024x768 from MGS4, but it's not using temporal this time... looks like proper 2xAA.

Isn't it a mix of gameplay and prerendered video?
The first part is definitely prerendered but the slicing demonstrations are real time (PC or console)

The first part is definitely prerendered but the slicing demonstrations are real time (PC or console)
At the very least the first part is in-engine. You can spot some low res textures as well as some polygonal edges on that thing Raiden ends up slicing in half.

Like I said before, the first part might be prerendered in a sense that the actual cutscene/intro doesn't run at 60fps, but it definitely used the game engine to render the cutscene. It probably was real-time though, considering the gameplay ALSO ran at 60fps.

Video got yanked. I believe the most interesting points are the name change to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and confirmation of the pre-E3 rumor that development was now being handled by Platinum Games, of Bayonetta fame.

Haven't seen it myself, but the Spike VGAs are only a couple hours away now.

Leaked VGA trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRsZt5ZROHU

I prefer the old look.

Yeah me too

3.jpg

Well... the "original" version also targeted 30Hz, whereas the "new" one targets 60Hz, which will undoubtedly reduce pixel fidelity.

Well... the "original" version also targeted 30Hz, whereas the "new" one targets 60Hz, which will undoubtedly reduce pixel fidelity.

The game is made on the Bayonetta Engine... Which was 720p and 60fps... I'm also seeing something else that it shares with that game. No AA.

Substance
Subsistence
Revengeance? Revenge and Vengence?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=revengeance

Strange selection of words

substance and subsistence definitely have different meaning. Is existence better than subsistence for a title? I think subsistence is more confusing, thus cooler as a title :)

As for revengeance... it's a real word... just hasn't been used anymore since before 1914
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.com/definitions/Revengeance

Back