Metal Gear 4 headed for XB360?

Oh and btw PS3 doesnt have to surpass the 360 in sales in order to be healthy. Even if it manages around 4-5 million until the end of 2007 it will be more than enough for a dev to feel safe that the game will sell enough to profit from it.

Also the fact that Wii has managed to sell over 2 million in around a month which is 1/3 of 360's total sales, I see no strange for PS3 not to sell a lot in a short period of time as well. Not necessarilly as well as Wii because thats impossible but well enough to show that its not left behind.

Oh and btw PS3 doesnt have to surpass the 360 in sales in order to be healthy. Even if it manages around 4-5 million until the end of 2007 it will be more than enough for a dev to feel safe that the game will sell enough to profit from it.

Also the fact that Wii has managed to sell over 2 million in around a month which is 1/3 of 360's total sales, I see no strange for PS3 not to sell a lot in a short period of time as well. Not necessarilly as well as Wii because thats impossible but well enough to show that its not left behind.

Except this is the holiday season. Big difference selling a 499 dollar unit now during the season of giving than during the dead season. If the PS3 does not pass the 360 this year in NA I would say that is a major victory for MS and sonys first major defeat in the console game.

Except this is the holiday season. Big difference selling a 499 dollar unit now during the season of giving than during the dead season. If the PS3 does not pass the 360 this year in NA I would say that is a major victory for MS and sonys first major defeat in the console game.

This holiday season alone isnt the end of the world. And again you avoid the fact that the PS3 doesnt have to surpass the 360 in just one year in order to be healthy and to catch up later.

You know its like back in 2000. The same arguement was said about PS2. "PS2 is gonna tank! Game sales are scarce and people dont give a damn about it as a console. Its sold as a DVD player" edit: oh I also remember the "DC has better looking games" which had a better attach rate as well. Its like history repeating itself

Its not crazy at all that 360 has a certain attach rate. Its a normal level. But for you its crazy. :???: Especially when there arent many quality PS3 games available yet its normal for it to have a lower attach rate. At the same time there are tons of PS3's being bought alone to be sold from Ebay. That doesnt help PS3's attach rate either. With other words some are sitting in some people's homes trying to Ebay it with no any games sold with it.

As for the other parts again you are exaggerating and try to use your predictions as if they are 100% factual and proven to happen no matter what.

Just wait before you jump to so many conclusions. You will know how much the PS3 "failed" when its released in Europe and Sony finally starts supplying more units

An attach rate approaching 6 is very crazy for a console this early on. There was never any negative press or questioning in the gaming community about the PS2. Soon as sony anounced 70million polys a second the hype was on for the PS2 and the hype only got stronger as the system launched. The hype and buzz killed all the other systems before they could get started. The PS3 is facing something the PS2 did not being 3rd place during a holiday season. Since stand alone DVD players were cheaper than the PS2 when it launched people were not buying it to use as a DVD player like some are buying the PS3 as a blue ray player. How are the PSP game sales these days? Think they were affected by people using the PSP as mainly a media device?

Sony really messed up big time the last 12 months and left a gaping hole for MS or nintendo to steal market share.

This holiday season alone isnt the end of the world. And again you avoid the fact that the PS3 doesnt have to surpass the 360 in just one year in order to be healthy and to catch up later.

Actually it does to keep all those good free exclusives they had during the PS2 era. If they start to lose those exclusives then things will get real interesting. I would say DQ9 going to a hand held says a lot of publishers confidence in the PS3 the next year. Little defeats tend to add up first being 3rd this holiday season. Heck if the Wii keeps up its momentum and sony does not pass MS they could be looking at 3rd place come end of 2007.

Actually it does to keep all those good free exclusives they had during the PS2 era. If they start to lose those exclusives then things will get real interesting. I would say DQ9 going to a hand held says a lot of publishers confidence in the PS3 the next year. Little defeats tend to add up first being 3rd this holiday season. Heck if the Wii keeps up its momentum and sony does not pass MS they could be looking at 3rd place come end of 2007.

If Wii keeps its momentum, MS will be looking at 2nd place in that scenario.

I'm really really really boooooored with these stupid rumors started by people who are "supposed journalists".

only fanb0ys like exclusives, if u r true gamer u should hope that it comes out on other platforms so that as many people as possible can enjoy the game

Well, seeing as a "true gamer" is most likely someone who will own all major games consoles, I disagree. A "true gamer" would want a game to be as good as it can possibly be, and that invariably involves being optimised for the platform it is created for. A great game that is an exclusive will always be better both technically and in terms of taking advantage of non-power based platform features than a generalised multi-platform release that ends up having to compromise its engine and ideas to work on two different platforms. It's Hideo Kojima's way of tailoring the experience to make the most of the console he's working on that is why I personally am very excited by the concept of Kojima using the Sixaxis in what will undoubtedly be an interesting and innovative way.

If it is ported a year later or so, then I am fine with that. It'll mean no compromises will be made in developing the engine, the controls etc. and we will be left with the best effort that Kojima could have made.

An attach rate approaching 6 is very crazy for a console this early on. There was never any negative press or questioning in the gaming community about the PS2. Soon as sony anounced 70million polys a second the hype was on for the PS2 and the hype only got stronger as the system launched. The hype and buzz killed all the other systems before they could get started. The PS3 is facing something the PS2 did not being 3rd place during a holiday season. Since stand alone DVD players were cheaper than the PS2 when it launched people were not buying it to use as a DVD player like some are buying the PS3 as a blue ray player. How are the PSP game sales these days? Think they were affected by people using the PSP as mainly a media device?

Sony really messed up big time the last 12 months and left a gaping hole for MS or nintendo to steal market share.
Sony made some big mistakes but I think they are well aware of what must be done. PS2 too, had a low attach ratio in the beginning.
Also, I wouldn't call that attach rate 'crazy'. The software sells good but that number is a little bit misleading. MS decided not to drop de price of the console but to bundle xbox360 units with lot's of games to compensate. I myself bought an Xbox360+kameo+PGR3+Perfect dark bundle for 420 euro's. That's a personal attach ratio of 3:1 from day one although I haven't bought a single game yet.

If Wii keeps its momentum, MS will be looking at 2nd place in that scenario.

I'm really really really boooooored with these stupid rumors started by people who are "supposed journalists".

some "journalists" are fans before being " journalists" .
If 3 people jump in because of that noise ,it's a win-win.

This'll probably happen. There's already precedent for MGS on Xbox, and the install base will likely be a good deal larger (and they seem to buy more games) for 360 than PS3 for a while now. It might be hard to ignore that. It will come 6 months/year later though, always a downer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This'll probably happen. There's already precedent for MGS on Xbox, and the install base will likely be a good deal larger (and they seem to buy more games) for 360 than PS3 for a while now. It might be hard to ignore that. It will come 6 months/year later though, always a downer.

What, a 6M units difference is "a great deal larger"? That's half the difference between DC and PS2 when PS2 launched.

PS3 has already surpassed X360 in total sales in Japan, and that's with shortages!

I think lots of people seem to live in a world where Sony will sell 3 PS3's and "fail", just because of the manufacturing problems which will be sorted out sooner or later...

I see...he's a good guy, but if you're talking about gaf he was banned because he argued with a mod saying development didn't start on killzone 2 and the mod banned him when artwork for killzone 2 was released.

fun times in the history of f@nboy wars.

I'd hardly call him a good guy and i was talking about what happened on this forum.

i'll see if i can fish up that thread for you latter on if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't all the ones after MGS1 only sold a couple million copies?

95% of games would be quite happy to sell "only a couple of million" copies. FYI, the previous generation had about 150 games that managed to reach 1 million units, from the thousands that have been released...

You know its like back in 2000. The same arguement was said about PS2. "PS2 is gonna tank! Game sales are scarce and people dont give a damn about it as a console. Its sold as a DVD player" edit: oh I also remember the "DC has better looking games" which had a better attach rate as well. Its like history repeating itself

I think we're quite far ahead to have PS2-DC comparisons make any sense. MS is a very powerful company, always methodical in entering new markets, prevailing in the long run. The X360 is a good piece of hardware, it already has some good games, and it has a lot of publisher support.
Money talks, and as long as there's a lot of profit to make on X360 games, the show will go on. The way I see it, MS has already got into the cycle where more games will attract more customers, creating a larger user base, which in turn will attract publishers to release even more games.

Noone can really believe that the PS3 will be a total failure, but even the most biased fans have to admit that Sony will have a pretty hard time, compared to the PS2.

Its not crazy at all that 360 has a certain attach rate. Its a normal level. But for you its crazy. :???:

Actually, the 360 attach rate is crazy, no other console have had such a high attachment rate during its first year. It has an attachment rate of 5.6

Especially when there arent many quality PS3 games available yet its normal for it to have a lower attach rate. At the same time there are tons of PS3's being bought alone to be sold from Ebay. That doesnt help PS3's attach rate either. With other words some are sitting in some people's homes trying to Ebay it with no any games sold with it.

What are you trying to prove here? Everybody understands why the PS3 got a terrible attachment rate, but that doesnt change the fact that the 360's attachment rate is CRAZY HIGH. 5,6 games sold per console. No console has ever had such a high attachment rate.

PS2 after the first year had 3,6.

Well this thread didn't stay on topic for long. Shocker!

What are you trying to prove here? Everybody understands why the PS3 got a terrible attachment rate, but that doesnt change the fact that the 360's attachment rate is CRAZY HIGH. 5,6 games sold per console. No console has ever had such a high attachment rate.
Are attachment rates inclusive or exclusive of download titles? Is that the same for all consoles? Are we sure that different consoles don't count different rates, so for example, if Sony only count disc based games in their attachment rates, and MS count XBLive Arcade games, we'd see a major discrepency.

This info is needed before comparisons can be made.

What, a 6M units difference is "a great deal larger"? That's half the difference between DC and PS2 when PS2 launched.

MS should end up shipping 10million by the end of the year, they've re-affirmed it about a billion times. Sony will probably be around 1million 'in the pipeline'. That's a 9million difference last I checked.

Well this was certainly unknown to me. Can you back this up with a link before people spread this on the internet?

PS3 has already surpassed X360 in total sales in Japan, and that's with shortages!

This on the other hand was completely predictable.

so what if X360 is not selling well in japan??? devs know they r at fault for 360 failing. japs devs deliberately not make games for X360 because you know, that they are american company.

Back