Max Payne 1&2 Remake confirmed [PC, PS5, XBSX|S]

Arnold Beckenbauer

Veteran
Supporter
https://investors.remedygames.com/a...-rockstar-games-for-new-max-payne-12-project/

Remedy Entertainment, the creators of Max Payne, are pleased to announce that they will remake the iconic Max Payne and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne video games in a new development agreement with Rockstar Games.
Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game’s development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game.

The project is currently in the concept development stage.

not a fan of control graphics but still quite hyped for max payne 1/2 remakes targeting only currentgen consoles and pc, just hope this time whole power wont come into rt reflections on consoles

Right now it's only in the concept stage. Depending on how long it takes for the Remakes, it could possibly be cross-gen for PS6 and Xbox next. They, Remedy, have a few other projects in the works.

I hope this turns out better than their last game, Crossfire X. I also hope Rockstar's involvement does not mean the same studios who did the GTA Remasters are involved too.

not a fan of control graphics but still quite hyped for max payne 1/2 remakes targeting only currentgen consoles and pc, just hope this time whole power wont come into rt reflections on consoles

Can't say from a gameplay perspective that Control was really my thing, but I thought the graphics were pretty (In the context of brutalist supernatural office blocks).

I'm looking forward to see how the team evolve Northlight when targeting only current gen.

I really enjoyed Control but I barely remember playing the orginal Max Payne. But I do remember the bullet time moments :D

RockStar Games is kind of turning into the remake studio/publisher. :p What will be the next titles that they contract to have remade? :D

Regards,
SB

RockStar Games is kind of turning into the remake studio/publisher. :p What will be the next titles that they contract to have remade? :D

Regards,
SB

That GTAV money allows them to move a bit different. Milk it till they are finally ready to move on and give the public GTA6.

3DMark 2001 Remastered. ;)

Max Payne 2 still looks pretty awesome at times. Just get some super high res textures and call it a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
3DMark 2001 Remastered. ;)

Max Payne 2 still looks pretty awesome at times. Just get some super high res textures and call it a day.

Ligtmaps with high quality baked GI is what made that game look so special.

There is a mobile port of Max Payne that isn't missing anything AFAIK. I've had a good time with it.

Back