Alone in the Dark, (spiritual reboot) [XBSX|S, PS5, PC]

Yet another old school horror game, is gonna get a remake. :)

I think this will hopefully make up for the other trashy games after 2001.

Like if it was some random old school horror game. :( It's the one that started the genre !

Handling of the character was atrocious (but better than say Tomb Raider 1 on PS), but everything else was so good.

Well, I almost got excited, looks like this is more a re-imagining or even a "reboot" of the series than it is something trying to be faithful to the original Alone in the Dark.

Don't have much hope, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Regards,
SB

This better not end up like being more pointless pish, like RE8 was. :p

Oh and and... ya got to have puzzles. You cannot be trapped in a big house for hours like that, and not have things to solve.

Well, I almost got excited, looks like this is more a re-imagining or even a "reboot" of the series than it is something trying to be faithful to the original Alone in the Dark.

Don't have much hope, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Regards,
SB

I think they saw RE2 and RE3 remakes and said: "Lets do that too, but for AitD. I expect nothing different from that. its the safe bet.

I didn't see anything to indicate this is another strictly action focused, "Action Horror" title, much like RE4 is.

The aim will probably to be to rejuvenate interest in the genre, because games like RE4 took the original survival horror formula and changed it up drastically. However, both genres have basically always overlapped with one another regardless. This looks more like the franchise called The Evil Within, to be honest. ;)

Grace now has a southern accent. Cool! :D

Yeah, but psychological horrors don't do well enough at the box office (hence P.T. cancellation), so it probably will be, and AAA games are now easily approaching Hollywood budgets, so one wrong move can be disastrous.

Last edited:
I should probably be iffy about this being a remake, as I detest remakes because of how unoriginal they are. But it looks like a generally better game than some of the recent RE games, which are actually copying not just other games, but previous RE games, and cheapening the genre. Turning chicken fat into chicken salad, is all this is essentially.

Back